Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheneau braces

Hi,

Is there anybody on this forum who wears the Cheneau Braces and can tell how comfortable (or not ) they are? Is the Cheneau braces can limited or correct the big curves better? Any muscles sore when you wear it?

Thank you!

HI

i haven't been on lately- i hope you found out about the Cheneau brace. My 13 year old got fitted in June and has worn it about 22 hours a day since. She isn't sore . Actually her back hurts much less now than prior to the brace. Her xrays in brace are amazing with about 15' correction. Good luck

Comment

Cheneau brace

My daughter has been wearing a Cheneau brace 21 hours a day for about a month. It took some getting used to, but now she finds it relatively comfortable. It is designed to keep curves (large and small) from progressing, although some people experience some improvement in their curve. It is also designed to address the rotation of the spine, which other braces don't do. Hope this info helps!

Comment

Where did you get your brace?
        God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

hi
          i had my daughter's brace made in Fairfax, VA by Luke Stikeleather of Orthotic Solutions. He specializes in it. HE is wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by skybonus
            Hi,

Is there anybody on this forum who wears the Cheneau Braces and can tell how comfortable (or not ) they are? Is the Cheneau braces can limited or correct the big curves better? Any muscles sore when you wear it?

Thank you!

Hello =]]

sorry for replying so late. I havent been on for long, but yes! i do wear a Cheneau Brace and i guess it is comfortable. After all, no brace is comfortable, and we are trying to get the best of it. Umm.. about curves, unfortunately, no doctor can gaurentee a correction, but its worth a try! I really dont have any sore muscules when i am with it. Everythink is perfect. I do therapy everyday for 30 mins and it helps me alot. If I don't do it 1 day, i feel kind of sore, because i am so used to it.
            hope it helps!
            My name is Rotem
            I am 13 and in 7th grade
            Started with 2 curves:
            34º Therotical
            50º Lumber
            I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
            Got my 1st on Nov. '06
            Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
            Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
            and im still trying to get used to it
            Hoping I won't need surgery
            I live in South Florida
            3rd check on November 17,2007,
            Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
            30º Theoratical
            37º Lumber
            4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

hi! I wear a cheneau brace, and have been for about three years. I would say that if you have been in a different brace prior to the cheaneau (i was in a boston) then the transition period is difficult, and you may be sore for about a week. Other than that, I find it comfortable (as confortable as a back brace can be though... ) I got mine from Luke Stykleather in Washington D.C., his website is www.orthoticsolutions.com

he is GREAT!!!!!! if you tell him you're coming in from out of town, he'll give you some info that my mom and I made about hotels near the clinic, restaurants near it, etc. he is really a wonderful guy and will go above and beyond what you'd expect.

the cheneau brace has really helped me. my curves went down 10 degrees at my last x-ray!!!!!!!!!!! but, that is rare so please don't expect a 10 degree correction, but we firmly believe that that decrease was a direct restult of this brace. had I stayed in my boston, I would definatly have had to have surgery. But, in 182 days!, ill get it off!
              Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
              -Virgel

Comment

Would anyone be willing to post a photo of a Cheneau brace? I can't wrap my brain around it.....

Comment

You can go to www.TheL.A.Brace to check for the Chaneau brace to Gez Bowman , Orthostist.
                  www. koob_scolitech.com
                  www.Sosort.org

Comment

Originally posted by BETall
                    You can go to www.TheL.A.Brace to check for the Chaneau brace to Gez Bowman , Orthostist.
                    www. koob_scolitech.com
                    www.Sosort.org
                    As usual, your link doesn't work. Might want to check before you post.
                    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

Might be this link:

http://www.thelabrace.com/
                      Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Originally posted by rtremb
                        Might be this link:

http://www.thelabrace.com/
                        You are very kind like some of the other mothers with children with scoliosis and looking for conservative options like braces.

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
                          As usual, your link doesn't work. Might want to check before you post.

I thought we were here to help and support one another, not to say hurtful things.

Maybe we ALL need to stop and think before we post things. That way, maybe our words won't sound so hurtful.

Mary Lou
                          Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
                          X