X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right.

Who am I to argue with the voices?
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Do what you need to do, Celia. And bear in mind I have all YOUR original posts copied. Persecution/perceived tattling doesn't always fare well, IMHO.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Ohhhhhh ... lmao ...

Celia .. .tsk-tsk ... you deleted your post just before my last one.

Let it live on in infamy.

Celia wrote:

" #77 Today, 08:56 PM
        Celia Vogel
        Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

I'm reporting you to Joe O'Brien! You are absolutely foul!

Canadian eh

Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by

Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with

the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008 "

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

That message was intended to be private and not public. Nevertheless if you want people to see it, that's fine.

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Cease and desist!

Ladies, ladies!!

Every one of you should be ashamed of yourselves, carrying on this way. The anonymity of the internet does strange things to people, I've found -- it gives them liberty to say things I doubt they would ever say face-to-face.

To paraphrase the words of that immortal philosopher, Rodney Jones: "Can't you just all get along"??????
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Honesty:the best policy.

POST #1....

These personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality.
              edited 8:58am

POST#2....

I also noticed A LOT of editing going on days after some of the posts were made and these personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality. It's shameful, and a disgrace.
              edited 11:32am

POST#3....

I also noticed A LOT of editing going on days after some of the posts were made and these personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality with Amanda, Pam and Maria leading the posse with the proverbial pitchforks in hand. It's shameful and a disgrace!
              edited 5:18pm
              Mom of Miles (2 1/2 )
              Diagnosed at 14 mo.
              start curve 30*/Prog. to 37*/26*CURRENT
              TLSO braced. VBS tentative for 2008
              Patient of Dr. Betz, PA.
              mom to Allie (12) and Ben (10)

Comment

SIGHHHHH........SAD THAT PEOPLE JUST FEEL THEY NEED TO GO ON AND ON........, please, can the moderators cancel this thread and suspend anybody posting on it for at least a month!! Bit of peace would be nice

(yes, but she started, no she started, honestedly she did, no, no I am sure it was her there who started it, blah, blah, blah, how childish!!!!)

Comment

Perhaps Celia should stick to the topics that pertain to her situation - not juvenile and not stapling from what I can figure.

I dont know why she is discussing stapling, it is obviously not something she is interested in or believes in. Some of us would like to learn about stapling from people who have spoken with doctors, or gone thru the procedure - not be subjected to scare tactics regarding something she isn't involved in.

Comment

I had to edit my post because YOU changed the order of your post so there was no continuity! It was evident to Gerbo and myself. Later on... I got the idea to add the "posse" and "pitchfork" theme to the mix, which I thought appropriate because many of you are stoking the coals of hatred and it really is a shame because I think I had some good arguments about vertebral stapling and at one time I was intrigued by the idea. Not knowing how to respond to the topic, many of you decided to lash out at me. This is irrational behaviour!

Originally posted by milesmom
                    POST #1....

These personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality.
                    edited 8:58am

POST#2....

I also noticed A LOT of editing going on days after some of the posts were made and these personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality. It's shameful, and a disgrace.
                    edited 11:32am

POST#3....

I also noticed A LOT of editing going on days after some of the posts were made and these personal attacks directed at me and my daughter are unwarranted and hurtful! It basically amounts a to lynch mob mentality with Amanda, Pam and Maria leading the posse with the proverbial pitchforks in hand. It's shameful and a disgrace!
                    edited 5:18pm

Canadian eh
                    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

*yawn*.

Can someone wake me when the incessant yapping ceases?

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                      EMAIL ME

Comment

Hello everyone,

I agree that the bickering back and forth is childish and a complete waste of time and have asked many many times that it stop. I too play into this because like Maria said it's very frustrating to see and read misleading information. I also agree tha Celia is very knowlegeable and is able to offer great advice to parents asking about spinecore or casting she has real experience and because of her relationships with those docs probably knows more than most both the good and bad.

I understand that Celia is not an advocate of VBS and that's fine, that is her opinion and I respect that; what I and other people on this group have issues with is that she scares people and when a parent is new to the whole entire scoliosis thing Celias posts are very intimidating. She is offering and quoting very old data and although she's done research she does not have the "real" experience that others do. I understand her posting to a newbie a kind word of caution but then leave it at that ~ I just don't feel she should go beyond that because she does not have true and accurate facts. I realize the articles she is quoting are real studies but they must be explained by the professionals. Those of us that have taken those articles with us to the hospital and discussed them with the drs would be better suited to expalain them but I choose not too because that is something each parent has to do with their physcians.

I am a huge advocate of VBS ~ for us and for our daughter it was the "lesser of two evils" and I would hope that everyone here would support that decision not bash or say that I am immoral or unethical for putting my child through that.

I am not an expert on spinecore or casting ~ yes I've read about them, I've seen case studies, and yes I have done tons of research but other than that l have no experience with either of the two and haven't even met any physcians who prescribes either of them ~ because of this I refrain from giving any opinions one way or the other.

I have always only asked Celia to please stop posting only the negative and to please please please stop scaring new people only asking questions because most of the time these parents are wanting reassurance that their kids are okay the final decision will not be based on what I or Maria have told them.

I can honestly say that whenever anyone has asked me about VBS I give them an accurate account of our experiences and am very quick to let them know that this is major surgery with major risks involved ~ I never ever sugar coat and I always refer them to Janet @ Shriners Philly.

I hate the bickering just as much as everyone else and really do wish it would stop.

Amanda
                        Amanda

Mom to Lorena 7 yrs old
                        Diagnosed 8/2005 ~ 26 Degree Curve
                        Progressed to 42 Degrees by Dec 05
                        Milwakee Brace 1/16/06 - 6/26/06
                        Vertebral Stapling on 6/26/06 @ Shriners in Philadelphia
                        26 Degree Post Op Curve
                        Last X-Rays December 07 ~ 26 Degree Curve
                        Email: domingo_amandapompa@msn.com
                        YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GmX3K7FIs

Comment

I didn't want to "edit" but wanted to add the following:

I feel that although we should all support one another and wish everyone and their child the best we should all also stick to offering advise to the topics we are all most knowlegeable in.

I anyone would ask me about spinecor or casting I would very quickly refer them to Celia because as a mom with a child who's been through both she can not only offer advise she can offer great emotional support becasue she's been there.

Amanda
                          Amanda

Mom to Lorena 7 yrs old
                          26 Degree Post Op Curve

Comment

Originally posted by amandap
                            I can honestly say that whenever anyone has asked me about VBS I give them an accurate account of our experiences and am very quick to let them know that this is major surgery with major risks involved ~ I never ever sugar coat and I always refer them to Janet @ Shriners Philly.
                            Amanda,

I think it's a GREAT idea that if anyone is interested in the vertebral stapling but is now confused or doesn't have the energy to sift through all of the posts here (since we've gotten a bit off-track), that they contact Janet Cerrone at 1-800-281-4050.

As Amanda knows (but others may not), Janet is the physician's assistant to Dr. Betz and the entire spine team at Shriners. Janet has been involved with the stapling since its inception. She's extremely nice and a wealth of knowledge. Other than the doctors involved, she is probably the BEST person to answer questions on the procedure.
                            mariaf305@yahoo.com
                            Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                            Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

why doesn't everybody who has "contributed to this discussion" commit themselves to removing their posts, which then can be effected as soon as everybody has confirmed they are prepared to do it,

Comment

Even if everyone agreed to delete their posts it wouldn't made much of a difference unless people agreed to change their posting methods and what topics to post to.
                                Amanda

Mom to Lorena 7 yrs old
                                26 Degree Post Op Curve

Comment

Working...
                                X