Spinecor Wearers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor Wearers..

I need help. I am having major problems with the crotch straps and the thigh bands. They are hurting my legs horribly. I've been in this brace since April and wear boy shorts under it to sleep. What can I do to stop the hurting? Please help me!

Lauren
    S...My name would be Lauren
    ..P...I was diagnosed with scoliosis in August of 2005
    ....I...Wore a Milwaukee brace from July of 2006 until April of 2007
    ..N...Now wearing a spinecor brace
    E...LOVE IT
    .C...T 42*
    ..O...I Love To Competitive Cheer!
    .R...I Try My Hardest To Live For Christ

I believe that Scoliosis doesn't show how weak we are, but truly how strong we are

Are you saying they hurt because they're too tight, or do they chafe? I only have about 2 weeks experience with the brace and don't know if I can help, but it would be useful to know how the crotch straps and thigh bands are bothering you.

Comment

We are having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Esme can hardly sit down. Can they be loosened a little bit?
      Ruth
      Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

In the Spinecor manual it says that the crotch straps should be sit comfortably on the patient. I would loosen them if it's too tight.

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Originally posted by WNCmom
          Are you saying they hurt because they're too tight, or do they chafe? I only have about 2 weeks experience with the brace and don't know if I can help, but it would be useful to know how the crotch straps and thigh bands are bothering you.
          Yea, they do Chafe.. but it hurts really badly.. I feel like a guy when i sit down because sometimes it hurts so bad that I can't put my legs together.. =(
          S...My name would be Lauren
          ..P...I was diagnosed with scoliosis in August of 2005
          ....I...Wore a Milwaukee brace from July of 2006 until April of 2007
          ..N...Now wearing a spinecor brace
          E...LOVE IT
          .C...T 42*
          ..O...I Love To Competitive Cheer!
          .R...I Try My Hardest To Live For Christ

I believe that Scoliosis doesn't show how weak we are, but truly how strong we are

Comment

My daughter experienced chafing and pain with the crotch straps and thigh bands also. We finally found dance shorts that have made a big difference. She doesn't complain of any chafing now. They are made of 91% Tactel nylon and 9% nylon. Made by a US company...Motion Wear. Their website is www.motionwear.com. I am not sure if you can order directly through their site. I order through a local dance supply store.

On a seperate note, she loves the Body Wrappers tank tops that we get from the dance store. Not sure if they have a website.

good luck and hang in there!
            Stephanie ~ mom to Ali soon to be 13
            Diagnosed 12/06
            Boston Brace - 3/07 ~ SpineCor Brace - 6/07
            Curves ~ 40 T/30 L

Comment

We loosened the crotch straps just enough and Esme hasn't complained about them since......
              Ruth
              Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Working...
              X