Update on Carmeng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Carmeng

I am posting this from the hospital. Carmen was in surgery from 8am to 6:30pm with Dr. Boachie. Anterior did not go as well as expected because they found her bone to be too soft for frontal instrumentation. As a result, he had to spend more time with the posterior approach. Dr. B says she is doing fine with instrumentation from t11 to s1. Carmen should be moved to step down tomorrow and remain there for a few days. Thank you all for your support. Will continue to keep you updated. John

thks for the update -John. I was thinking of her today. So good to hear she is doing well.

Comment

John,

thanks for the info - do you know the degree of correction achieved?

Janet
      As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

I hope her recovery goes well and will continue to send good thoughts her way.
        Patty 51 years old
        Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
        Posterior T3- L4
        Pre surgery curves
        T-53degrees
        L-38degrees
        and a severe side shift to the right.
        Post surgery curves
        Less than 10 degrees
        Surgery April, 2006
        C4 - C6

Comment

Thanks all. Janet, we do not yet know the degree of correction yet as it is way, way too soon to do standing xrays. Dr. Boachie said the surgery went very well. John

Comment

Good news!

It is so good to hear she's through the surgery... Thank you for keeping us updated... Lisa
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Thank you John. Please tell Carmen we all wish her well!
              Chris
              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Please let her know we're all thinking of her and wishing her a smooth recovery.

Best,
                Anya
                "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
                Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
                19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi John,

I want to thank you for the update also, and what a great friend she has in you!!!

You have no idea how much you will help her through her recovery process by just being there to support and care for her!!!

What a great guy you must be and she will eventually know how lucky she is!!!

Give her my best as well, and cheers to you. It's not easy for the patient or the caregiver!!!

Shari

Comment

Best wishes to Carmen, JNC. Hope the post-op phase goes well for her.

Best,

Sam

Comment

Working...
                    X