HI
    Im 15
    im pretty outgoing
    JV Cheerleader-woot woot :]

my curves are:
    in the 30s.
    somewhere in or around there.

i have a spinecor brace.

Good luck - hope all goes well with the Spinecor brace - it looks like a really great brace to me.

We have an apointment to hopefully get one for our daughter at the end of September......

Ruth (Ottawa)
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

ahh thank you

HI
      Im 15
      im pretty outgoing

my curves are:
      in the 30s.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

Good luck with that - you could be my daughter. She is 14, a jv cheerleader and very outgoing. Her curve is 27T, 22L and she is getting her brace next Thurs. We'll have to compare notes.
        Leigh
        DD is 15 year old girl, 27T, 17L - in SpineCor since Oct. 07.
        March 08 - in brace T8; 11L
        Aug. 08 - out of brace 24T; 8.7 L

Comment

sure, id love to.
          its not really that bad..just kind of hot.
          but if you pull the thigh bands up enough, you can still wear miniskirts =]
          you should tell your daughter that. haha.
          let me know how it works out.

HI
          Im 15
          im pretty outgoing

my curves are:
          in the 30s.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

Allegra, How did everything go with your Spinecor brace? Did it reduce your curves at all? How are you adjusting? Good luck!
            daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
            -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
            -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
            -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Allegra - I'll tell her about the mini-skirt - she will appreciate that. We get fitted tomorrow. How are you doing with yours?
              Leigh

Comment

Well,.....

I'm kind of 50/50 with how i feel.
                When i was fitted, there were no xrays done or anything. I just learned how to put it on, the orthotist adjusted the lengths of the straps, and that was it.

I'm kind of happy that it cant be seen that well. However, the shoulder straps are pretty irritating. It's made me pretty frustrated at times, which makes me wonder how a few straps will be able to straighten out my spine.
                And its pretty tight around the stomach straps, so you can't eat that much. Going to the bathroom is a little complicated because the belt thing keeps going up..aaaahhhh i know im lucky that i didnt have to get a hard brace, but...idkk. i haven't worn it to school yet.
                im starting out with a few hours a day. mayeb ill wear it to school once i find clothes that can cover it up.

It's so nice o have people asking me about it. I've only told a few friends, so thank you so much you guys. I'll keep going later

HI
                Im 15
                im pretty outgoing

my curves are:
                in the 30s.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

Allegra,
                  Sending you a PM

Comment

PM too short

Ack - the PM is really limited on this darn thing. I can only put in 1000 words, so I broke it up into 2 messages and then it said I could only send a ne message every 60 seconds. Argh. Allegra - here's the rest of my message

the wearing has been fine - she has done all her "break in" wearing at night. Setting the alarm to get up and put it on. We've been doing 8 hours this week and she woke up this morning in a lot of pain in her left hip. I think it may be a pinched nerve. Did you have anything like that? Any suggestions? We were planning to not wear it tonight - though it would have been 12 hours - to see if that helps. if you miss an entire day, does it just make it harder to get back to wearing it?

What is your myspace? If she is open to talking, I'll have her ping you or whatever it is you do to get admitted as a friend. You can put this in a pm. Thanks.
                    Leigh

Comment

Working...
                    X