No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend PT in Nor. Calif.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend PT in Nor. Calif.?

Hi,

My 13-year-old daughter had surgery 7 weeks ago to correct her scoliosis (thoracic curve 56, lumbar curve 45). We had the surgery in southern California but we live in northern California. Her surgeon believes she will benefit from some physical therapy to strengthen her core and improve symmetry. Can anyone recommend a Physical Therapist in the San Jose/San Francisco area that has specifically worked with patients that have had spinal fusion? I think that is an important criteria.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
    Sassha

Hi Sassha...

I highly recommend Amy Selinger. She has worked with many post scoliosis surgery patients. The people to whom I've recommended Amy always thank me profusely for helping them find her.

Amy's website (with contact info) is:

http://www.backtolife.net/

You'll find that it's difficult to get appointments with her, so be prepared for a wait.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

PT for post fusion?

Hi
      I dont know about any PT's in Northern CA but have just started wondering if my son should have some physical therapy now also. He just had final fusion surgery with rods inserted a few wks ago and his head is tilting somewhat (something it did many yrs ago after he had a halo on). This was his 10th surgery and 3rd fusion, he is 13 yrs old. I would love to hear more opinions on if PT does benefit kids with scoli and who had fusion surgery. I have posted on another med board and found most people are very much for it. But now would like to know if kids in a similar situation have had it or have it and how they did,etc....

Thanks for posting this first post. OH btw-I am from So Cal and go to CHLA, may I ask where your daughter had her surgery? Good luck with getting her a good one. If we do get it I luckily know of a couple places to take him that he went to after his halo surgery.
      STacey
      Mom to Cole
      HB,CA

Comment

Hi Mom to Cole,

You asked where we had the surgery. We went to Cedars-Sinai where Dr. Pashman performed the surgery. You'll find several references to him in the forums. He was superb and I highly recommend him. I was also pleased with the hospital and all aspects of my daughter's care.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. By any chance did he have a thoracoplasty in his last surgery? My daughter also had a tilt of her head after her surgery. Dr. Pashman explained it was due to the thoracoplasty which was like having 5 broken ribs. It was her way of self-protection and he said it would go away. It did. I hope you son's situation is as easily resolved.

Best to you,
        Sashha

Comment

Working...
        X