Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does it feel?

Hi you all.

I was just wondering, how does having a brace on ya feel? Some people said it's very uncomfortable, especially around the stomach area

Yeah,
    it feels very uncomfortable! For me it felt uncomforable around the arms beause it was digging in to them.

Comment

It is uncomfortable but it becomes second nature after a week or so. I used to get a rash under my left arm because that was where the brace went up. When my doctor changed the time to 24/7 it was annoying but I forgot I was wearing it most of the time. Sometimes I would have to feel my stomach/back to see if I was still wearing it. I guess what I am trying to say it although it may be uncomfortable your body some how seems to get used to it and make it feel like you aren't wearing it when you really are. Good Luck!
      ~Jill
      Surgery: June 4th, 2004
      Main curve: 44 degrees
      Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
      Surgery Type: Posterior
      T4-T12

Comment

mine is still uncomfortable! it is worse right around the ribcage....but everyone's is different!
        ~michelle

Comment

I'm sooooooo gald I no longer wear a brace!!!!!

Comment

ive had my brace for 2 months on thursday. Mine was uncomfortable for pretty much six weeks, but when it was adjusted, it felt so much better! Now im finally used to it, and its not that bad.
            K*a*y

Thoraic Lumbar Support Orthosis (TLSO)
            40 degrees thoraic
            30 degrees lumbar

Comment

Kay,

i was just wondering if u have considered surgery?

how old are you?
              40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Have any one heard of scoliosistreatment.com?

Comment

Hi My name is Ciera I Am almost 11!
                  No actually my brace doesnt hirt that bad it only does when you get fitted for it the first time but you are not in THAT Much pain So no it doesnt hirt!
                  I Started wearing my brace when I Was 7 & now I Am almost 11 & I Have to wear it till I Am done growing!
                  If you have any other questions ask me!!
                  Ciera,

Comment

Working...
                  X