Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I am going to see an orthopaedist

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    I am going to see an orthopaedist

    As i mentioned before, my scoliois became an issue for a job that i really wanted, and i also feel that my curves have increased over time, so i decided i should go see a specialist. My appointment to see one is in a couple of weeks. The last time i saw a doctor regarding my scoliosis was when i was in my teens and i am 29 now. So, a bit scared...........

    Any particular questions i should be asking?

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Heshy; 05-10-2007 at 03:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003

    Lightbulb Seeing an orthopedist

    My only suggestion would be to bypass a regular orthopedist and go straight for an adult scoliosis specialist to save time, money and aggravation.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Rothman Institute?

    Thank you for your response.
    Yes, the doctor i am going to see is a orthopaedist specializing in adult scoliosis and actually got all my info before i made the appointment.

    I am going to a place called the Rothman Institute in Philly. Its the closest one i could find which takes my insurance and also sees scoliosis patients.

    Anyone been there or have any views on that place?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts