Reshcheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reshcheduled

My surgery is now this Monday. I went through the stress test and echo with flying colors just like I predicted. Here is the interesting part: The abnormal EKG was actually caused by my heart sitting at a slightly different angle than normal due to my scoliosis, so all of you beware.

I have to be at Presby (Pittsburgh) at 5:00 am. I'm scheduled for 7:15. I'm so glad it's going to be over and I can start recovering.

In the meantime, since I had this extra week off work, I got my entire house spring cleaned and my husband did the basement. Today I'm going to tidy up some outside stuff and trim my horse's mane a bit. Sunday I'm going to shop and relax (HAHAHA ).

Good luck !

That's pretty quick !
    Try to keep us posted on your progress- glad you have a clean house and some peace of mind- we'll be waiting to hear your good news... Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Dear Dalmatica,

I'm really impressed that you had the energy and motivation to entirely spring clean your house and care for your horse the week before your surgery! My surgery (my first) is in 1 1/2 weeks (5/15) and although I'm doing well under the circumstances I'm finding it hard to concentrate on all the things that have to be done around the house, etc. before my surgery. So I applaud you!

Brynn

Comment

Brynn,
        I think that my energy to do all my house work came from nerves. I had to keep busy. I still have a few odds and ends to do today and then shop and try to relax tomorrow. This week has just flew by. I hope tomorrow doesn't drag. Krysi

Comment

Krysi
          Good luck with your surgery. I hope you heal quickly and completely - so you can enjoy your daughter, husband and horses again without pain.
          A few years ago I "talked" to you (privately through trot.org) about surgery and you gave me courage for my surgery. I had surgery in 2004 and one revision since. You are a strong and determined person, so you will do well.
          Pat

Comment

Working...
          X