Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in bones, post op

Hi all

Well it has been 7ish weeks since I had my op. I had anterior surgery on my right side. I have had an ok, if a bit slow, recovery so far.

In the last 2 weeks we have noticed that I have got a bone sticking out just under my right shoulder blade that is really bothering me. I have also had a lot more pain again, much more like it was when I came home from hospital. It had been subsiding.

The bone that is sticking out is rubbing on my brace every time I move and it has started to restrict the movement of my right arm due to the pain. It is also clicking and grinding quite badly. There is a big dip beside it. My left side has nothing like this.

I have got an appointment in London with my surgeon next week, so I will ask him, but I would just like a bit of advice.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience?

Thank you

Karen x
    Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
    Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
    Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
    Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
    No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
    Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

are you sure its a bone and not the hardware. i am 8 weeks post op and have to go in again on the 13th of march. a screw popped out and the rod is visably sticking out and is very painful. the doctor said that this does happen sometimes. i am also getting the rods shortened. i also have kyphosis i dont know if that has anything to do with the reason it popped off. i would see your doctor asap. in your case it might not be that but better to get it checked. good luck

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have kyphosis too and it is on that side. I am just glad that I have an appointment with my surgeon on Friday.

I hope your surgery goes well on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you.

Karen x
      Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
      Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

Well, I went to my GP for a prescription today and since he has an interest in orthopaedics, I asked him about the lump on my back. He thinks that it may be the stump of one of the ribs that were removed. He think's that the muscle may have been covering more before. I really hope that my surgeon says the same.

It hurts so much though. I hope that something can be done about it that doesn't involve surgery. I really don't want to go through that again.

Comment

Working...
        X