spine-cor vs. Boston brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spine-cor vs. Boston brace

I'm interested in getting information about the spine-cor brace vs. the boston brace.

My dd is about to turn 14yo. She has been going to orthopedists since she was 6yo and her curves have progressed very slowly. When she had her major growth spurt from 11.5yo-12.5yo, her curves actually improved. But at her last 6mo followup visit, her curves progressed more than they had over the several years before. Now her curves are 18 degrees (upper) and 26 degrees (lower).

The doctor is recommending a Boston brace. I would like to get information on how the Spine-Cor brace and the Boston brace compare. I know the Spine-Core brace would be a lot more comfortable to wear, but is it as effective?

From the abstracts I've read both tlso (Boston) braces and SpineCor braces are effective when properly fitted and worn correctly. Your doc has probably worked only with tlso braces and prescribes what he/she is knowledgable about. I believe there are certain guidelines for Spine Cor braces to be effective, i.e. degree of curvature, type of curve, etc., just as there are for tlso and Milwaukee braces. This site has lots of info on it. Since Spine Cor is less noticeable and easier to wear most patients with it have better compliance and this seems to be the biggest factor in successful bracing. Check it out, it may be a good option for you.

Comment

Working...
    X