No announcement yet.

A sad post about Gayle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a terrible tragedy, she sounded so hopeful. Her poor husband and children, they were expecting this to improve their quality of life together, how sad. My daughter needs surgery and we are in the process of interviewing surgeons, this really scares me. Does anyone know who her surgeon was (we live in Texas too)?

Comment

Sherie,
      I just read through her old posts and I think it was Dr. Shelokov. I think we are all just in shock over this horrible tragedy-all we can do now is pray for her family.
      Cathie

Comment

Thanks for replying Cathie. I had actually considered Dr. Shelekov but decided against it. It's really a shock when someone was alive and well just a few days ago and is now gone. I guess it's best to keep this in perspective, that this is a very rare occurence.

Comment

Dear Linda-

I am stunned and deeply saddened to hear about Gayle. I will be praying for her family.

Sam

Comment

I am so saddened by this news, and in shock like everyone else. When the time is appropriate, I too, hope that her family can read these posts. Prayers to her family.
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

I am in shock and don't know what to say. I can't believe just a few days ago I was telling Trudy to keep her head up and that she'd be fine. I'm devastated... I feel like I've made friends on this forum and we don't even know each other... It's because the support and encouragement is just amazing... I will be praying for her family. I can't imagine what they are going through. Linda, please let us know if you hear anything else.

Lesly

Comment

I hope Trudy's family will be able to read these messages one day and see how close we all are on this forum. We are all linked together because of scoliosis. We give each other encouragement, hope, support (like only we can give) to each other, and prayers all the time. I know Trudy is in "Heaven" and will be watching out for the rest of us. I feel like Trudy will be there for all of us when it is our turn to go for surgery. She will be our "GUARDIAN ANGEL"! I hope and prayer that her kids will not have scoliosis as they get older. I will be sending lots of prayers their way and also to Trudy's husband for strength to continue on without her. Rest in Peace Trudy and I know that you are scoliosis free now!
                Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
                Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
                Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
                Fused T2 to sacrum
                June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
                MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

To Trudy's Family
                  My hearthfelt condolences. At such a sad time in your life may these post bring some warmth to her memory. Since I read about what happened I haven't stopped thinking about her and how fragil life can be. How we trust and put our lives in the medical profession hands. This was god's will and I pray that her children and her family in time will find peace.
                  CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                  fused T4 -L3
                  Hip graft
                  Grown 1 1/2 inches
                  25/o upper T 15/o
                  53/o T 15/o
                  37/o L 6/o
                  Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                  New York City

August 6, 2004
                  Pulmonary Embolism
                  complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
                  increasing pain at the T4/5
                  point irratation heardwear

Comment

I am in complete and utter shock. I really can't believe this has happened and I'm deeply saddened by this news. This is the most unexpected outcome and I just can't comprehend that it even happened. I'm so sorry to hear this and I want to express my sincere sympathies to Trudy's family because I can only imagine what they are going through. I'm praying for Trudy's husband and children to be strong and make it through this.
                    Nadia
                    I'm 19
                    Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 16
                    Curves as of June 2006: 48T & 40L
                    Curves as of June 2007: 52T & 43L
                    Surgery date: June 18, 2007
                    "A smile is a curve that can straighten out anything"

Comment

"May god bless you and keep you, may his light shine upon you and give you peace."

I am so terribly shocked about what has happened. Her family and friends must be in shock and so completely devastated. My sympathy to all who knew her and to all on here like myself, who followed her progress.

"Sleep peacefully my sweet lady, until we meet again".

Macky.
                      Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                      Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Linda G.,

Thank you for letting us all know!!! I read you post 3 times, I guess in disbelief. Tears are streaming and the hair on my arms are raised.

I am totally speechless!!! It is amazing that even though we only know each other through this forum, how much it hurts. I can only imagine what you, her friends and family are going through right now.

I just don't know what to say. I will pray for the strenght for you all to get through this terrible ordeal!!!

Shari

Comment

I am so shocked and saddened by this news.

I did not know Trudy, I had only read her posts, but as with all the 'Scoli' people that are brought together by this forum, she was still a friend.

My heart goes out to her Husband and Children especially, having children of my own the same age as hers, I know how scared she would have been of something 'going wrong', I will be thinking of Trudy and her family today.

Kat
                          1st Surgery in 1991 aged 15
                          Fused T2 to L2
                          'S' curve
                          Before surgery T39 L49
                          Revision surgery 6th Nov 2006

Comment

Thank you for giving the terrible news,just been throw this op with children at home .tears and tears .no sleep....lots of prayers for the familly.
                            How can this have happened today ?
                            i feel for our scoliosis familly,for Tudy,for Trudies family and for all off us who don't have the choice and are going for the surgery.
                            love to you all

Comment

With profound sadness

Trudy never posted on my threads and I never posted on hers, but I read everyone she wrote, and she may have read some of mine. So even though we never "met", I feel as if a piece of my heart is missing. An already overcast day seems a little darker all of a sudden. Truly, we have lost one of our own.

My thoughts and prayers go to her family. Please let us know if we can help them in any way!!
                              Spencer's Dad

11 year old boy with PMD Luekodystrophy
                              Nonambulatory, nonverbal, nonweight bearing
                              VRO and Pemberton hip reconstruction at age 5
                              Nissen fundo at at age 7
                              Subdermal spinal drug pump at age 9
                              Complete Spinal Fusion Jan. 9, 2007 at age 10.
                              118 degree curve before surgery - less than 25 after!!

Comment

This is truly unexpected and devastating news. It's true, we do not really know each other that well, yet we are all connected and this forum does feel like "family". My heart and prayers go out to her family....her poor husband and children I am so sad for her Rest in Peace Trudy...

Renee

Comment

Working...
                                X