Thread: Seeing doctor after surgery

Seeing doctor after surgery

Hi,

I'm planning to return to the United States sometime this year now that I've had the surgery to correct my scoliosis. I had the surgery done in England because my father's insurance paid for it.

How often do you need to see the doctor after having the surgery? I have an appointment to see mine for six weeks post-op. How often might I need to see him after that? I'm just asking for answers based on people's own experiences - I know my doctor is different from everyone else's.

Also, how many months would you recommend waiting to go on an eight or nine hour flight?

Thanks,
    Robbie.

I saw my surgeon at 6 weeks, 4 months, which was Wednesday, and I don't have to see him again until my yearly check-up.
    It is great to hear that you are doing so well, just don't over do it.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

I had a follow up at 1 month, and will have one at 3 months, then I think 6 months or 1 year.

Houston, Texas now live in Colorado Springs, CO
    Robbie,

The surgery that I will be having in June will be out of town. My local surgeon will be doing my follow up care. I will go back to the out of town surgeon only once for a followup. Maybe you can have your doctor in England see what doctor's are close to you in the U.S. and have them do your follow-up care.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

My Dr. wanted to see me every 3 months and I had x-rays each time also. I will find out at my 1 year check up (The end of Feb.) how often there after.