Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

discovery channel.....extreme spine surgery..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discovery channel.....extreme spine surgery..

Hi all,
    It looks like Discovery channel will re-run 'Extreme Spine Surgery' featuring Dr. Boachie & his FOCOS team on Sunday at 3pm eastern time....The show is called Surgery Saved my Life.
    the FOCOS website is www.orthofocos.org/
    discovery channel- www.discovery.com
    Lynne

Thanks so much. I have my DVR set already to record it.

Comment

Thanks Lynne,

I'm determined not to miss it this time-

Renee

Comment

I think all the spinal surgeries dealing with scoliosis actually ran today on Discovery Channel. We were watching as we were putting the Christmas things away. As one would end, another would start.
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I am so disappointed that I missed it again. Do you know if it will ever show again??? I had it on my mental schedule to watch it, but something out of my control came up.

Shari

Comment

Shari,

It is scheduled to air again on January 19th @ 8:00 p.m. and also January 20th @ midnight (eastern time).

Mary Lou
            Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

I am going to have my Tivo set for those dates. I did watch one on sunday but it didnt show him. It showed a boy in Africa and a girl in England. I only caught the second half of it so maybe i missed him. I would like to watch it.

Thanks
              Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
              2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
              March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
              August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
              August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

Mary Lou,

Thank you so much for the update for Jan. 19th and 20th. I really wanted to see it, but was interupted with personal things.

Very grateful,
                Shari

Comment

More good press for Dr. Boachie:

http://nymag.com/nymetro/health/bestdoctors/2005/11960/
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Just like the girl on Grey's Anatomy

This story is remarkably similar to the teen on Grey's anatomy tv show recently which we discussed on this forum on another thread. So her condition wasn't as far fetched as we'd imagined even if not portrayed accurately. God bless Dr. Boachi!!

Deb
                    age 47
                    posterior surgery 7/24/06
                    for S curve T72,L77
                    50% correction
                    DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!

Comment

Missed it??

I tuned in last night... January 19th @ 8:00pm ET (6pm my time) and there was NO Surgery Saved my Life show. I looked at the guide for the whole night on the Discovery show and didn't see it! It wasn't on!! I was so disappointed. Did anyone actually get to see it? Maybe it was only viewing in the US? I am so disappointed!!!
                      lisanicolegrace
                      29/F/Canada
                      Surgery - 11/10/2000
                      80° curve to 19° post op.
                      www.lisanicolegrace.com
                      @lisanicolegrace
                      facebook
                      x-rays
                      picture of my back

Comment

Discovery Channel

Lisanicole, and everyone else who has been trying to see the spinal surgery show: I was able to view it Friday, 1/19 at 8PM local time (California).
                        I had searched previously and saw (somewhere) that it was to be shown at other dates & times, but then it was NOT shown at those times.
                        I finally just scrolled thru TV Guide listings, day by day, until I found it - and it turned out to be correct.
                        I guess that it will be shown again so there will be more opportunities to view.
                        As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Working...
                        X