A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question

This is a question for the girls! Do you wear a bra with your brace? I mean i do but i have to wear it over the outside because it presses into my skin and hurts really bad. How do you do it or is there any special thing you wear?
    Wear Boston Brace, 18-23 hours a day. My curve is 38 without brace on top and 28 without brace on bottom. With my brace it is 28 on top and 13 on the bottom. I PRAY no surgary. I love volleyball and track. I hate not being able to find clothes to fit my brace!

Oooh I've been wondering about that, I don't wear a brace now, but I will after surgery in a few weeks and was wondering whether I should wear my bra under or over, sounds like under may not be a possibility....

I did wear a brace when I was 15 after my 1st surgery but I can't remember what I did then, I have a vague idea we wore vest type bras back then (early 90's) all soft no wires or hooks & eyes fastening, a bit like a sports bra?

So maybe a soft sports bra might work?

I'd be interested to hear what others do aswell

Kat
    1st Surgery in 1991 aged 15
    Fused T2 to L2
    'S' curve
    Before surgery T39 L49
    Revision surgery 6th Nov 2006

Comment

I have a TLSO brace, and I wear my bra under my undershirt. So, I guess that would be considered as under the brace. I think it depends on what kind of brace you have, really.
      35T 54L rotation
      3rd TLSO brace
      shoe lift
      trunk shift,pelvic shift
      waiting for surgery!

Comment

what is a TLSO brace? I wear a boston brace and on one side it goes up to the armpit and it really presses it in?
        Wear Boston Brace, 18-23 hours a day. My curve is 38 without brace on top and 28 without brace on bottom. With my brace it is 28 on top and 13 on the bottom. I PRAY no surgary. I love volleyball and track. I hate not being able to find clothes to fit my brace!

Comment

Hey

I wear my bra under my brace...i wear it under the shirt i wear under the brace(get it??) i found that it is a lot less painful if i wear a sports bra because if i wear a bra that has a V cut my brace presses on it and makes it very painful to wear and itchy, AND i get a rash from it.
          Mák Veronika
          14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
          40T
          54L
          +rotation
          Boston Brace since December 2005
          Location in Florida

I play flute.
          I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

a TLSO brace, I believe, is a bit like the boston brace.I'm not entirely sure. that and a CTLSO brace is all the do here
            35T 54L rotation
            3rd TLSO brace
            shoe lift
            trunk shift,pelvic shift
            waiting for surgery!

Comment

Okay, TLSO is thoracolumbar sacral orthosis. CTLSO is cervical thoracolumbar sacral orthosis (the Milwaukee brace). In other words, basically all braces that fit somewhere between the shoulders and tailbone are TLSO braces, and the ones that have a neck ring, are CTLSO. The braces used in kyphosis with the chest plate up near the shoulders are usually TLSO with an extension.

Comment

Hmmm...I don't know if I'll have a brace after surgery or not. If I do, I don't know how far up it will go either so I better explore some options, as I don't have any sports bras or anything.
                ♪I can't take this blissful misery...when our worlds are far apart. Love is tearing me apart...♪

Kimi o ai Shiteru, swt.

Comment

i wore a bra both before and after my surgery (ok ok well a few weeks after my surgery ..too lazy otherwise) and i wore a soft-cup bra..DO NOT wear underwires!! i have one thats plain,soft cotton blend. stay away from lacy stuff or trim..that will cause pressure.
                  8years in Boston Brace starting curve 22 degrees, ending around 30 anterior fusion in 2004, curve went from 48 degrees to 25 !!im in college and love to ride horses, swim, and bike!

Comment

When I was in a brace, I NEVER wore a bra, because that horrible thing acted like a bra for me. It kept everything in place and eliminated the need for a bra.

Comment

Working...
                    X