Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you get braced???

Hey

I'm about to get fitted for my 3rd brace.1st i ws putt on a table and measured somhow. however my 2nd was a cast for about 10-20 minutes
    how were u fitted for your brace??
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

hey cloudy...
    i just stood up in an undershirt and he measured like my waist, hips ect. it took like 2 minutes.
    i can't believe your on your third brace!
    LIBBY

14 yrs old
    28 t
    29 L before brace
    right now: 21 L
    now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Comment

i was measured...and libby i went through 4 oh, plus my after-op brace so thats 5
      8years in Boston Brace starting curve 22 degrees, ending around 30 anterior fusion in 2004, curve went from 48 degrees to 25 !!im in college and love to ride horses, swim, and bike!

Comment

i was casted for my first brace. then that one was too small because my curve was growing extremely rapidly, so he revised my cast without me there, because i live 5 hours away, and he sent it to me. now its good
        35T 54L rotation
        3rd TLSO brace
        shoe lift
        trunk shift,pelvic shift
        waiting for surgery!

Comment

i have the wilmington brace i believe..hm..its really light weight so i havta get a new one everyyear

but they cast me on this weird thing i HATE it...ugh i like cry every time its so uncomfortable...i havta get a new one soon which should be #4

Comment

i just got my 1st brace about 2 weeks ago. what my doctor did was he made me wear this really long and tight shirt. then he had me stand up and me measured my waist, hips, chest, ect. and he wrote it down on this peice of paper.he then told me to suck in my tummy and then he took this long roll of guaze stuff, got it wet and he wrapped that around me really tight.also b4 he wrapped the guaze stuff around me he had me hold this atrip thing along the front side of my body. he used a couple of rolls and then he had me lay down on a table with my legs curled like a upside down v shape on the table. he told me to lay there for about 10 min. then he took like this saw thing and he cut down on the strip. then he had me pick out a design for my brace and then we left!
            Hey i'm Nicole,
            i'm 16, i like to write stories
            and poems.
            I never come on here so...
            peace

Comment

Working...
            X