biopsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biopsy

My daughter had her surgery last October and recovered beautifully. She is now faced with a biopsy this Tues. There are suspicions of Hodgkins lymphoma. Thank you to all who helped me through her scoliosis surgery recovery. Please pray for her now.

ill pray-- please keep us posted
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Comment

I'll pray too ! All the x-rays we're exposing our children to scares me to death. I pray for us all.
      Last edited by Celia; 08-26-2006, 09:02 PM.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

I hope and pray everything will be ok for your daughter.

Renee

Comment

I pray Tuesday brings you good news and much relief.
          God Bless You,
          Kate

Comment

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Please keep us posted!
            Laurie
            mom to Josh age 15, double curves 77T/55L Posterior spinal fusion done at age 13 on July 10, 2006 from T2 - L5 Now 35T/25L

Comment

Will ask a few of my friends to form a prayer chain for you Pam, all the best.

May god bless you and your daughter
              Macky
              Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
              Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Sending lots of prayers and good vibes for a negative biopsy. Hopefully the problem is not serious, especially not Hodgkins
                Carmell
                mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

It's leukemia. We just spent 5 nights at Sloan Kettering for her first treatment. Thank God she's so strong. There is a very good cure rate for childhood leukemia. Thank you for all your prayers. Pam

Comment

I pray that she will have a positive reponse to the treatments. I will keep your daughter and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.
                    Brandi
                    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                    L1-S1
                    Dr. William Lauerman
                    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Sorry to hear the diagnosis. Many prayers that she responds well to treatment and heals quickly and safely.
                      Carmell
                      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi Pam, gosh that would not have been really good news for you, your daughter and family. I am so sorry.

We will continue to pray for you all. As you said there are good results for childhood leukemia, and I feel in my heart she is a strong girl.

Sometimes I cant understand ,even though I am a Christian why these things have to happen to our children. My son is an insulin depenent diabetic, but even so I often find that these children are the strongest of them all.

Sincerely all the very, very best and as I said you are in my prayers and a prayer chain. Keep strong.

Macky xx
                        Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                        Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Pam,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's encouraging that the success rates for childhood leukemia are excellent. Children often times don't realize the seriousness of whatever situation they're facing and we parents are the ones that carry the emotional load. They say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, by the time this is over and your daughter is living a normal healthy life again, YOU will have the strength of ten thousand men.

hugs,

celia

Canadian eh
                          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

So sorry to hear the news. What a rough time for your family....I pray the leukemia was caught early on and that your daughter responds well to the treatments. Will keep you in my prayers - take care,

Renee

Comment

I am so thankful. Her bone marrow test after one week on chemo came back normal! It's a great sign when the kids are early responders!
                              Last year after her scoliosis surgery she missed 7 weeks of school. Now she will miss the full year. I don't care. As long as she is okay. She is such an amazing kid!

Comment

Working...
                              X