It's finally time - surgery is next Thursday Aug 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's finally time - surgery is next Thursday Aug 3rd

O.K. surgery is finally here. I'm feeling kid of numb. Amanda has had a summer of doctor visits and lab sticks. She had a seizure in May - had EEG, and MRI or brain and 2 visits with the neurologist. Amanda is now on a anti-seizure medication. No seizure since on the drug. The pedi. found a heart murmur. Amanda had a echocardiogram. She has been diagnosis with a Moderate Mitral Valve Prolapse. The valve is not leaking, so Amanda can still have her surgery. For the last 3 weeks Amanda has been a little dehydrated. We are pushing water. Nothing that will stop the surgery.

Please pray for all of us
    Sue

Wish you luck!!!

Hey
    I wish you lot of luck and I'll be thinking of Amanda on the 3rd.
    I hope you will have a very succsess on the surgury!!
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Hi Sue,

Big hugs and many P&PT to you and Amanda next week. Good luck with everything. Know that we'll all be cheering for you both. It's not easy, but you'll do great. We'll be anxious to hear an update when you can.
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi Sue
        Just to wish you all the best for Thursday - I'll be thinking of you. Was that Amanda's first seizure? Genevieve started having them when she was 15 and they told me then that they quite often begin in adolescence. Probably related to all those rampaging hormones.
        Speaking of rampaging hormones, I don't know if anyone has warned you that it's very common for girls to start a period right after surgery - even if she hasn't started them yet it could trigger it so it might be as well to go prepared.
        Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Lorrie

Comment

Hi Lorrie,
          Amanda had what we thought were seizures starting 2 years ago. She had a EEG and saw a neurologist back then. He said Amanda was not having seizures, but reacting to gastic reflux. Amanda had a gastic reflux test and it showed no reflux, anyway they now think Amanda was having seizures all along. The one she had a school was 45 seconds long and scared even the school nurse. I was also told when Amanda becomes a teenager she had a greater chance of having seizures. Amanda has not started her period, her Pedi is surprised she has not.
          Sue

Comment

hi, could u pleas let us al no how amanda's surgery went? i hope it was alrite!
            becki
            Becki
            16y/o girl
            42" thorocolumbar curve + rotation
            Had anterior surgery on 9th sept 2006
            www.myspace.com/curvesarecool

Comment

Working...
            X