Thread: Restrictions removed?

Restrictions removed?

Hey everyone, at what point after surgery were your restrictions removed? (Like lifting, bending, twisting, sports, driving, etc?) It seems to be a little different for everyone. Is it related to age at all? Are people who are older more restricted for longer, or does it just depend on the surgeon?

Thanks!

Kathryn

I think it's mostly the surgeon's decision, but mine were lifted at 3 months the first time and now at least 6 months to a year, as this surgeon is being more careful and I agree with him.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Hi...

It depends on the surgeon and the patient, so you should check with your surgeon. Here are some general guidelines:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/PostSurgActivities.htm

Regards,
    Linda

Hi Linda! Thank you that is exactly what I wanted! Thanks so much. I do have to say I found the "N/A" under "teenagers" for having sex kind of amusing...

So glad to have that list. Have been looking for that EVERYWHERE ! Anyone know how long before you can dance? Or how long in general for an adult to lift 25/50 lbs.?
    jsully