Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Hi,
    my name is Ana and i am 26 year old...i was discovered scoliosis long time ago,at age of 10 and wasn't very worried about it. Last time i saw doctor was 13 years ago and my last concluded degree by Cobb(by that time) was 44 thoracic curve...Now, I am 26 and worried cos i found out what problems could scoliosis cause if you don't threat it.

I never bothered by it, because i didn't had any pain whatsoever. I became aware of it last month,while i experienced vertigo that lasted for 4 days. Then i went to chiropractic who had done some cracking in my neck area and vertigo dissapered.DOES SOMEBODY KNOW IS VERTIGO CAUSED BY SCOLIOSIS, cos mine is in thoracic area?

I was at my doctors office couple of days ago and x ray showed that i have 55 degrees, so in last 13 years it has gotten worse,but still no pain...

Is someone in the same situation like me?

thank you all, and sorry for my poor english
    26 year old with 55 degrees thoracic curve

client success

Hi, Just signed in as I was actually looking for info on massage beds for my pilates/yoga center...I had a client about 40 y.o. that had/has pretty severe scoliosis (don't know the degrees). After about 2 years of consistent pilates training she went from 5'6" to 5'8" as she started straightening out her spine. Many different causes could be factored in to someone's back issues ;here's a few if you really want to start getting deep (other than just the medical/anatomy)so I'm gonna get a little woo woo... We need to open our minds and look at the big picture to get answers. Surgery, braces, etc. may help but what is causing the imbalance in the first place? It's usually deeper than we're looking. 1. Puberty can be a problem mentally/spiritually/physically for anyone but today it's so bad. Who looks good, fat, skinny, got to look the part, sexual issues, etc. and that can pull energetically on the spine. We are so crooked in our thinking of the body that the mind does affect us. (Look at how stress kills). If someone isn't balanced (I'm talking mentally/spiritually), the spine can shift due to these tendencies. 2. Another thought is that fungus can reside along side the spine which causes the spine to shift. 3. Poor posture absolutely affects how the spine is held up. Certain exercises can be done to help strengthen the core muscles to keep the bones more where they are supposed to be. A few interesting resources are: Pain Free, Pete Egoscue; Heal Your Body, Louise Hay, Cure for all Diseases, Hulda Clark, Contrology, Joseph H. Pilates (he was actually a sick kid, and helped many (millions now) correct faulty body functions. Hope you find what you're looking for; yoga is thousands of years old and has helped many people relieve pain and even correct physical issues/imbalances too.

Comment

Hi

Do you know is that Yoga for Scoliosis good for people with scolisis and can it stop the progress of the curve? Do you have maybe examples of the excersises?
      tnx

Comment

Pilates great--- but

I did Pilates faithfully with a certified instructor for 4 years before my revision. I used the Reformer at home. It really helped posture and pain BUT it did not stop the curves in my fused spine from progressing and collapsing--not to mention loss of lung function.

I did go into the surgery in the best physical condition though.

I am now working again with my instructor after my surgery.
        Last edited by Karen Ocker; 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM.
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Karen

Hi Karen,
          what kind of curve did you have? Did you had any pains?
          At what age didi you go to your surgery?
          tnx

Comment

straining for answers

Hey,
            I am like you in that my scoliosis was diagnosed early, and I didn't have much trouble with it until the last 3 years the pain has increased a bit and I'm looking more and more unshapely. I'm new to this site, trying to figure out my gameplan, there is SO MUCH to search through, I'm overwhelmed! I'm turning 26 in two weeks, my curve is considered moderate, but close to severe and I'm freaking out, I don't want to have major problems for the rest of my life, but I don't know what to do, there are so many theories, I just wish there was more solid research! I had xrays taken 6 months or so ago, but the chiro that took them messed up and had to retake, and I thought, I don't need an onslaught of radiation on top of my messed up skeletal system! I want to go non-radiation, non-surgical!

Comment

Hi Lew...

There's actually a LOT of research. If you want to look at some, I have links to abstracts on one of my web pages:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/Outcomes.htm

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

lew

Hi Lew?

What kind of scoliosis do you have and how much degrees?
                Tnx

Comment

Working...
                X