Flexibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexibility

I'm going to have surgery on July 20, 2006. And I'm actually not quite scared. It's basically the recovery and the loss of flexibility that I'm worried about.

So I think I'm going to have an upper fusion, and I was wondering, as a percentage, about how much flexibly will you lose?

I'm a person who hates change, and to live with a rod in my back for the rest of my life really makes me uncomfortable because I'm losing some flexibility.

Thank you so much, and I'll tell you how my operation went ^_^.
    [Name] Linda
    [Curve] 65* & 40*
    [Age] 15
    [Surgery] July 20, 2006
    [Post Op Curve] 13* & 14*

hey

Hey i dont know nothing about the flexibility,all i have 2 say is your not scared. I dont know when i'm going to get surgery,and i'm scared really bad(ok not that scared) well i would be nervous. u must be brave. Well i hope ur surgery goes fine.

Comment

I was fused to L3, leaving me with L4 and L5 free. I barely notice any loss of flexibility at all. I think you'll be surprised at how little you lose.
      Call me Kari.

I had surgery on October 13, 2005 for my scoli.

I used to wear a Providence brace.

[[[[[[]]]]]]

Comment

Depends on where the rod starts and ends. Also depends on how physically fit you are, at least in my own experience as a patient. You will definitely know your limits, because your back will tell you. But be aware that the first 2-3 months is healing time and that you'll experience pain or strange sensations during the healing process. But for the most part you'll probably just lose limited parts. Listen to your body if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't, then have it checked out. Do read some of the post-op reports here and you'll get a general idea of what to expect during your recovery. (No bull about the hard times either. You will have them, but in the end it's worth it IMHO)

I had just one surgery, never really wanted to have anything removed once it was in. (Cost just the same as putting it in. Not cheap.) If it doesn't cause me problems then I don't feel a reason to have another surgery to take the bugger out.

Wishing you all the best! Let us know how things go.

P.S.: Get some one in your family to be your"official" back rubber after the surgery, because you'll regret it if you don't.

Comment

Working...
        X