No announcement yet.

scoliosis and fibromyalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh, I missed all the action. I got a response saying that scoliosis results from a fall on the butt- well in my case I disagree. I recently met up with my older (by 2 years) brother and his 2 daughters (now 15) and was shocked. My brother has one shoulder higher than the other, one scapula sticking out and has chronic back pain. My nieces have the same posture I have struggled to correct for years- very broad back with very rounded forward shoulders- it was like looking in a mirror. In my case, whatever I have, it is genetic I know that now.

I also know that massage is not the answer for me. Help me please, my spine is twisting- I need muscular strength and craftly well thought out stretches to keep it from twisting more. I am also afraid of massage, afraid of relaxing, lest this thing gets worse.

I am also so tried and so sad and so alone that people keep saying this is not scoliosis because there is no lateral curve. I am not crazy and I am not insane, this is happening and it hurts. I am so alone, I just don't know what to do, doctors look at me like a am crazy because they can't see in 3 dimensions- they can't see the torsion.

Anyway, thank you Rayknox for your prompt reply, I do appreciate it- but I have to say, from the depth of my being, massage and relaxation may be the worst thing for me right now. Menopause has triggered something with this- a decrease in strength or whatever. I have also just finished 10 sessions of chiropracty which loosened me up an insane amount and I feel I am much worse for it- my muscles feel like jello most of the time and then sieze up after a long day, but the jello feeling is new and bizarre and I think it result from too much "relaxation". If anyone else with rotational problems reads this- be very very careful of any sort of rotational "mobilization".

Comment

Thread from 2007

Here's a TAMARS thread from four years ago

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...MARS-treatment

Knox admits he has no medical training and further admits the inventor has no medical training. (...cough... cough... MLM... cough...).

Maybe Knox can update us on any clinical trials on the efficacy of TAMARS in straightening spines that may have occurred in the last four years.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thx for the laugh....cough....

I just knew you would dig up an old thread. I gave it about 60 seconds.

I tried manipulation. I tried it for 25 years and it worked well for controlling pain.

For correction......well,...this clip will explain it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          For correction......well,...this clip will explain it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

Ed
          LOL! 'Xactly. SRSLY.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Rayknox View Post
            Hi Nora b
            First of all if you look at all the symtoms of fibromyalgia, they are all the same as symtoms caused by spinal problems- I have tried to explain the treatment I do recently on a forum here but just got ridiculed because I have no x-rays to prove what I am doing. (related to scoliosis). However I regularly get back pain patients with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia and when we untwist the spine the symtoms disappear I know - you can't do that! I hear that all that time.
            I contacted a fibromyalgia support group to come and see but they weren't interested and didn't even ring back to check it out more. ( I had offered free treatment to someone of their choice)
            My patients are generally happy. Others are put off by medical people who are not open to anything new.
            ray.
            Unbelievable... literally!

In the future, let me know when this type of post appears, and I'll stop it immediately.
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

This is a prime example of the type of folk science that comes about with no medical training.

Scoliosis... fibromyalgia... maybe little palm-sized massagers with 4 little feet can also solve the debt crisis. Knowledge of macroeconomics not required... just need them little feetsies amovin' up and down!!!

The list is really unlimited when the person is unconstrained by real knowledge.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

"... everyone deserves to speak their thoughts no matter how bizarre they are." -- ElleBelleCurvz
                I think I have attached a document that may be of interest.

This is after I introduced the treatment in Florida.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that about pain relief, however temporary.

Where is your proof that you can straighten spines?

Had you gotten on here and stuck with claims of pain relief, that would be one thing. But you overplayed your hand knowing you didn't have any proof of straightening spines despite the claim.

The ONLY legitimate proof of spine straightening is before and after radiographs. Then we have to determine how long any straightening lasts. I think you know that. No more games.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Rayknox View Post
                    "... everyone deserves to speak their thoughts no matter how bizarre they are." -- ElleBelleCurvz
                    I think I have attached a document that may be of interest.

This is after I introduced the treatment in Florida.
                    Do you realize that no one is questioning the ability of your device to reduce pain. Sugar pills can reduce pain, so it would be very surprising if a mechanical device couldn't. What everyone is questioning is the ability of your device to reduce someone's curve significantly and permanently.
                    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Knox knows damn well that before and after radiographs are what is required to prove the efficacy of little feet straightening spines. He has known this back to at least 2007 and very likely before. He is not an idiot... he has an engineering degree.

At this point, the evidence of efficacy is conspicuous by its absence. And Knox knows it. My guineas pigs know it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                      X