I saw Dr. Boachie-Adjei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Dr. Boachie-Adjei

Not sure if i spelled that right? But i was watching a show on the Discovery Health Channel the other day (Medical Incredible) and a young girl had severe scoliosis with kyphosis.... and guess who her surgeon was!!!??? When it flashed his name on screen i started yelling and jumping and said, "Heyyyy I know him!!!" ( Never met the man in my life!! But i felt like i did from this forum!!) Anyway, the surgery was a huge success, and the young girl got a new lease on life because of Dr. Boachie's skills!

Joanne,

I LOL when I read you felt you knew him through this forum, me too! Plus, he trained my Dr. who did my surgery! I am going to search for that show and try to catch a rerun. If I find it I will post when it will be on again so others can see it.

Comment

I too would love to see that show. I've seen the Extreme Surgery shows on that channel but they only dealt with Scoliosis. Since my daughter has both Kyphosis and Scoliosis, I would really like to see and hopefully record the show.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

I saw this program too, right before my appointment with him. I figured if he could fix the girl on that program, he could probably do MY surgery with his eyes closed!!!

But really -- I've noticed that people on this forum who have had surgery with Dr Boachie seem pretty satisfied with their outcomes. I feel fortunate that I only live two hours away from him.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
        X