Surgery for Sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery for Sure

Hi guys, its been a while since i shared anything here, but i just wanted to let you know that i saw an orthopedic surgeon two weeks ago, i have to go back to see him in September then i will be given a date for surgery next year. The only thing is that i have to go to another Country to see this Surgeon, but the good news is he's been doing this for about 23 years with really good results, so i feel good taking a chance on him. I'll keep you posted on what happens with me.

Out of curiosity what is the degree of your curve.. and what made you decide?

Jamie

Comment

Country

The only thing is that i have to go to another Country to see this Surgeon.
      Wow, I too have few questions. How did you find out about such a doctor? Do you plan to get surgery done in that country?
      I wonder if your insurance will cover that

Comment

Hi JamieAnn,

I have a 65 degree curve and as i am sure you know 70 degress is normally danger zone, i was never really pleased with the way my scoliosis made me look but i it has reached the point where i dont really have a choice. It has started to affect my lungs and i get severe back pain now, i also experience numbness in my left hand from time to time.

Comment

Hey Marcilo,

I first heard about this doctor from a friend of mine whose daughter did the surgery, then i met a doctor who told me about him again and i decided to find out for my self, so i made appointment to see him which i did. And yes i have to pay for this surgery, ti appoached a lot of insurance companies who told me they cannot cover me for anything relating to my scoliosis because i already have to condition. Actually i am from St.Vincent ( i am an Island girl) and this Doctor is in Trinidad. Trinidad is about 35 minutes from my Island by plane, so its not that far, so it would be easy for me to do post op checks than if i had to go Canada, the US or the UK like i originally thought. Thanks again for asking!!.

Comment

lungs

Oops I thought you were in USA.
            Affecting lungs, you mean breathing while doing normal activities or in any particular scenario?

Comment

chayil,
              glad to hear from you again! good luck with your scheduling the surgery & happy you found a surgeon.....Ly
              surg. this aug1st

Comment

Working...
              X