For Marcia-missing thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Marcia-missing thread?

Regarding Marcia's thread on what to pack, I'm sure there was a great thread posted a while ago which listed a lot of essential items. I have been searching for it for awhile because i go into hostpital in a week. Can anyone locate it or can the person who contributed to it perhaps re port? I would be truly appreciative of you.
    Katie.
    Katie

Hi Katie,

Here is what was in my suitcase:
    4 pairs of satin pj's
    bedroom shoes
    2 jogging suits
    BIG panites to fit over waist of corsett
    Cuddl Duds tshirt to wear under corset
    Walkman with music CD's
    Hairdryer/tolietries/makeup

I actually wore a hospital gown every day except the night before going home! It was so much easier for them to roll me over and check my incision with an open back gown. I don't go anywhere without makeup, but didn't feel up to it...I just called everyone(except for immediate family) that I thought would possibly come and visit me and told them NOT to come! I wore one jogging suit to the hospital and wore the other one home. I love music more than TV so the walkman came in handy.

I'm wishing you a sucessful surgery and a quick recovery!

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

I, Marcia here, I found this list by searching.....maybe that is the one we were looking for.
      http://www.scoliosislinks.com/PreparingforSurgery.htm

Comment

That is fantastic. Just what i was after. I'm having a super emotional day today. Really starting to get sad, not scared, about the whole thing. Cant believe it is one week away. Wearing high heels all week beforhand since i won't be able to afterwards for awhile.
        Katie

Comment

thks, Katie,
          I was trying to look up information again too! Good luck with your upcoming surgery.. You are so young & I'm sure flexible (compared to us 40 something's!) I am preparing for the last mth, weeks of waiting (July for me) because I see it round the bend & I know I've got to hold it together. Been a bit weepy on & off...only natural, I guess...hang in there & hey, maybe we'll get a lot of new clothes after this! Ly
          aug surg..ant/post coming...

Comment

Hi Katie,

I packed a small suitcase full of stuff and didn't use a darn thing in it, except the cloths I wore for the ride home.

Shari

Comment

Working...
            X