20 Years old and they just found out i grew up with scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expatient
    I had my Atlas, hip joints and SIJ corrected a year ago and I have had new painless life since that after living 10 years in pain hell...
    Corrected how?
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness514
      Corrected how?
      My SI was pushed back, my hip joints pulled and Atlas pushed. No longer high blood pressure, no migrens, no headackes, no dizzyness, strength back in my legs, no back pains,...

Here a video when my friend was treated. It is quite similar, but that Atlas part is not shown... I think I can find one video where that is included. Anyway here is this video (64MB), quite big!

www.joukoholma.com/Patient2.mpg

Comment

Couldn't get it

I tried downloading this film and all I got was a blue circle with a question mark in it.

Comment

Can't download either

At any rate, if this works it must be for people with small curves, and I don't think a person with such a big curve like myself(it used to be 60 degrees) would have had success getting corrected. Maybe it wasn't visible, but my hips were never uneven, I remember how the doctors were surprised by that.
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Originally posted by katblack
            Not to sound rude, but your doctor sounds like an idiot.
            I concur with katblack. My advice is to find another doctor. So many doctors are conditioned to just throw up their hands and say they can't do anything, or worse, to minimize the problem and tell you "it's all in your head."

You should tell your doctor you want to examine the x-rays yourself. Take them to another doctor.

I have a similar situation to yours, except I didn't find out about mine until I was 34, despite having complained of severe bouts of back pain for the past 7 years. Most doctors don't seem to give a damn about treating pain.
            28 degrees cervicothoracic, 34 degrees thoracolumbar, not diagnosed until age 34. Get yourself and your children screened early!

Comment

Working...
            X