How long was your surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long was your surgery?

And what procedures (anterior/posterior or both, thorascopy etc) did you have?

Thanks.
    28 years old. Dx at age 14.

1994 20T/20L
    1998 22T/20L
    2002 30T/28L
    2006 34T/28L
    2008 43T/34L

considering surgery in the near future as the curvature is getting progressively worse and for pain management.

XRAYS and pics at 28 years old. http://www.freewebs.com/skiergirl24/apps/photos/

Well, Hello again!

My son had a posterior fusion from T4-L4, his surgery took approximately 4-4 1/2 hrs. We agreed with the dr. to not do a thoracoplasty as we wanted the surgery to be as minimally invasive as possible. No hip graft, bone was chipped directly from his spine to use for the fusion.

Renee

Comment

Both, 11-1/2 hours.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I had a posterior fusion from T4-L2 with thorocoplasty that lasted just over 4 hours.

Comment

Six hour procedure...Posterior fusion T-9 to L-5.

Kindest Regards,
          Gail

Comment

Anterior on February 9th, 14 hours.
            Posterior on February 16th, 10 hours.
            36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
            Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
            Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
            Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
            Curve post op = 20 degrees
            No pain anymore!!
            Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Anterior--8 hours
              posterior--6 hours

Comment

Posterior with a hip graft, fused from T5 to L2. Lasted a little over four hours.

Second surgery just an hour to remove partial hardware.

Third surgery a little over three hours to repair fusion, left rod and screws.
                Last edited by sweetness514; 05-22-2006, 05:39 PM.
                35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

oooh, I'm a little suprised that the surgery time for many of you is lot shorter than what I had imagined... That's very nice to know.
                  30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
                  2005 - T50, L31
                  bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
                  2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
                  Post - op curve ~35

Comment

My first one was anterior (removal of rib and disks) and posterior, it took 14 hours.

Four days later was posterior and another anterior (in the belly area to remove discs and fuse from the front). Some where in there was the hip graft, that took 8 hours.

A year later posterior was 6 hours.
                    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
                    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
                    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
                    Fused T2 to sacrum
                    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
                    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

My surgery was supposed to be 5 hrs. it was 8. I Was to be corrected from 49* lumbar to 23* maybe 20* if lucky. I got to 8* correction, well worth the extra 3 hrs. Also, was only to be in the hosp 5 days and that went to 8 days . Guess that is now my lucky #! (Posterior only surgery.) Suzy

Comment

Anterior four hours
                        posterior two days later was expected to be six, but lasted eight hours
                        Jenn
                        37 y/o female
                        60 degree lumbar
                        45 degree thoracic
                        1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
                        T 5 to S 1
                        NYC

Comment

Oct. 7 -- Thoracic anterior (endoscopically) 5 incisions thru ribs and one incision on iliac crest-- 4-5 hrs

Oct. 10 -- Lumbar anterior -- abdominal incision and another incision on iliac crest --- 4-5 hrs.

Oct. 13 -- Posterior T4-S1 -- insertion of hardware... long incision on back and YET another on the iliac crest... 8 hrs

3 major surgeries within one week was almost too much in my opinion... I think i lost lots of brain cells with each use of anesthesia... and i didn't have that many to start with

Comment

Had A/P....15 hours
                            SandyC

Comment

Posterior, T3-L3, 9 hrs.
                              I'm Karin. I had surgery for my scoliosis on October 13, 2005, and am doing well! I formerly wore a providence brace and did PT for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X