This will likely be my last post...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will likely be my last post...

before surgery, that is. I keep looking at things that way. BS - before surgery and AS - after surgery. I was thinking out loud this morning saying "this is my last Friday in this body exactly as it is". My husband didn't get it. I know some of you will. Right now, it's all about the lasts. In a couple of days it will be about firsts. It feels surreal yet real at the same time. Anyway, I want to thank you all for your words of encouragement and support. You will never know just how much they have meant to me. I will post again as soon as I am able and let you know how I'm doing.
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Brandi, you will be on my mind and in my heart for the next couple of weeks... You can do this... And you will be so glad you did after the surgical aches and pains have subsided! God bless!!

JoAnn

Comment

Hey Brandi,
      You are gonna do fine! My thoughts, of course are with you so hang in there & see if you can get hubby to give us an update after surgery-ok? Ly

Comment

Hi,

Even though it was my son who went through surgery, not me, I totally understand what you mean. I pray that your surgery and recovery are successful & uncomplicated. Keep us posted when you can.

Best wishes,

Renee

Comment

Good Luck Brandi!

Brandi:

I wish you a safe and speedy recovery from your surgery. My son's 2nd rescheduled date was the same day, May 22, but now we're at July 10. I wish you much success with your surgery and recovery.

Laurie
          mom to Josh age 13 with double major curves 77/55 scheduled for surgery July 10, 2006.
          Laurie
          mom to Josh age 15, double curves 77T/55L Posterior spinal fusion done at age 13 on July 10, 2006 from T2 - L5 Now 35T/25L

Comment

will pray for you!

As i told anyone who doubted what i was doing....I would much rather go through some pain now at the time of the operation and recovery period...even if it takes a year,then to continue to be in pain for the rest of my life. The time we give up now is better than the time we would spend dealing with this forever. So happy thoughts and prayers for you now because it may be hard at first but it only gets better from there! So i wish u a nice and easy recovery....take advantage of the time off and relax and enjoy yourself and think of all the good to come. God Bless!

Stephanie
            Stephanie
            T11 to L3
            1 rib removed
            June 5, 2006

Comment

Brandi, my thoughts are with you. You'll be fine and do great! Enjoy the weekend girl!
              36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
              Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
              Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
              Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
              Curve post op = 20 degrees
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Brandi, My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Like everyone else said...just take good care of yourself. You CAN do it! And I second the thought...SEE IF YOUR HUSBAND CAN KEEP US IN TOUCH! Linda

Comment

God bless you as you enter into a new period of your life....after a successful surgery and easier than expected recovery! You will be in all our thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to the "firsts" posts.

Comment

Hi Brandi,

I am thinking all postitive thoughts for you. You're young, strong and have a postitive attitude.

Don't be afraid to get on here and express any fears, questions or feelings. It's comforting to know that what you are going through mentally and physically is normal.

I regret that I didn't take advantage of the vast amount of compassion and knowledge that was at my fingertips. I really do think it would of helped me get through some of the tougher days.

Shari

Comment

Hi Brandi,
                      I suppose that at this point it is unlikely that you will see this, but perhaps your husband will, and find some encouragement in it. My mother underwent surgery with Dr. Lauerman just this past Monday. She is still in the hospital and very well may still be there and on the very same floor as you for the next few days. Her surgery went beautifully as I am sure yours will. She is doing incredibly well and recovering more and more with every day. I just thought it might help to hear the experience of someone who has just experienced the very same surgery with the same Dr. I wish you all the luck in the world.
                      Last edited by leviwood; 05-21-2006, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Leviwood,

Glad to hear things went well with your mother. She must be very proud of you!!!

Keep your chin up. I think it's as hard on the people that love us, as it is actually going through it, only in different ways.

Stay strong for her, and know that we are here to support the both of you.

Shari

Comment

Working...
                        X