3 Questions About Bracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Questions About Bracing

My first question is does the brace make the curve better, and if it does, is it permanent?

And the second question is does it make one of your shoulder blades even more prominant than the other??and also the same for your ribs.

I'm not actually even sure what one looks like, what is visble once you have clothes on??i watched romy and michelles high school reunion, has ne1 else seen that and is it similar 2 the one she wears???

Thank you!!

did your doc say you were going to need a brace, and if so what kind? The brace doesn't fix the curv, only keeps it from getting worse. And not all braces are visible, 1 is that i know of the Milwaukee brace (or however you spell it) but yeah
    ♥SARAH♥

Comment

depends on the brace u have, mine fits underneath my clothing and nobody can see it -_-; Braces are supposed to keep the curve the same and may correct it partially. Doctor said about a month for me and my curve should halve or something -_- And I think Scoliosis is the thing that makes one shoulder blade prominent, the brace attempts to rectify that.

P.S. Where the hell is the signature button?

Comment

hey i noticed that you are from the UK so am i, where abouts are you i'm Lancashire nr Preston. I'm 14 and i've had a brace for about a year, i've named it BOB, i can't really answer your question as these nice people have already answered them! It doesn't matter they would have just been repeats, i recommend doing your excersises as much as possible and swimming they really do help when my back sometimes aches it's because i havn't been swimming as much as usual or doing my excersises. Try this if you find it hard to get yourself to do them, everytime you do them get your mum or dad to give you a back massage! By the way whats with your name?

Hatty
        Bored of BOB!
        Curve 47 degrees and is lower lumber.
        6-8 months until "bonfire night"

Comment

Hiya, i live in gloucester which is near bristol, did u mean what's with my name??well helen is my real name so i get called hells 4 short and then sum1 randomly sed hellsbells 1 day and it stuk. is that what u mean?r u a girl or a boy, ur name's really unusual and nice so i'm not really sure.

Comment

Yeah thats what i meant! i'm a girl, it's short for harriet and thanx!!!!
            Bored of BOB!
            Curve 47 degrees and is lower lumber.
            6-8 months until "bonfire night"

Comment

Working...
            X