Chiropratic Hope!! Had to Share!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DenverbackChic,

As I said before, I wish you continued success and happiness and more power to you !!! I'm not going to respond to your questions anymore because I can see that this is turning into some kind of advertising campaign for your clinic.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Celia Vogel
      DenverbackChic,

As I said before, I wish you continued success and happiness and more power to you !!! I'm not going to respond to your questions anymore because I can see that this is turning into some kind of advertising campaign for your clinic.

My the words and lies that petty hatred can bring. I love when you are defeated you make stuff up. BIG GIRL! Don't hate others b/c of their happiness in life. and let the door hit ya. All I said was stay out of my thread if you don't like the topic.

If you want me to advertise then I would be trying to plan your retirement as I am a financial advisor who never saw a chiro before 3 years ago...but I guess that wouldn't matter to you as you obviously have ties to a surgeon or you wouldn't waste time here bugging me. I will pray for your sadness, misinformation, and juvenile lies. Ciao.
      Katie- age 28
      Ironman Triathlete in Training
      Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
      Diagnosed with scoliosis at 12 Braced '92-'94
      Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
      With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

Hi, Denverbackchic
        I just wanted to wish you well and I'm glad to hear that you have had success with chiropractics so far and feel better. I hope you continue to see improvement. I checked into the website myself to get a better understanding of this approach. Although it doesn't look like it will benefit my son he has a severe curve (70 degrees and progressing rapidly) and he has neuromuscular scoliosis with a multitude of other medical problems. Surgery in his case will be the only option. I think in a different scenario if things were different I would give the chiropractics a try before going the surgery route. I look forward to your future posts about your progress.
        Linda
        Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

Comment

Thank you so much! Will do blackwidow! I will pray that your treatment goes well too! (fingers crossed - no icon for that I know this chiro doc's largest curve treated was 105 degrees. He got her to the 80's I think, but not sure how much further. you are right...it is much more tough. If you wish to ask just for the heck of it you can call there. His assistant Margie is so sweet and has been with him 29 years! She is willing to just talk if you are curious about the big curves they have seen. Contrary to what you may hear form the doubters they do talk and don't sell. they are such good people who have made our illness their life's work. Best of luck blackwidow!
          Katie- age 28
          Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
          Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
          With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Celia Vogel
            You are one sick chick !!!!!! I think there is more to you that's twisted besides your spine.
            Please leave me alone. I have had about enough of your petty BS. I created this thread to help and obviously you are way beyond that. If you want to see sick and twisted take a look in the mirror. You are obviously not here to help anyone heal so please be gone. Thank you.
            Katie- age 28

Comment

Wow! Never knew this site had an "ignore list" ! $10 bucks on how long it took me to put negative nancy on it? cool. hopefully that is over now.

Back to the real stuff, the reason we are here is to help each other and many of you have helped me. Those of you who email me in private thanks! Keep it coming I am willing to answer any questions or concerns.
              Katie- age 28

Comment

Originally posted by denverbackchic
                Wow! Never knew this site had an "ignore list" ! $10 bucks on how long it took me to put negative nancy on it? cool. hopefully that is over now.

Back to the real stuff, the reason we are here is to help each other and many of you have helped me. Those of you who email me in private thanks! Keep it coming I am willing to answer any questions or concerns.
                If you want what you post here to be taken seriously you need to watch what you say about other members. You are continuing to loose your credibility.

Oh, and ignore list only lets YOU not see the posts made by the member you ignore, they can still see your post.. like I said, you should watch what you post.
                30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
                2005 - T50, L31
                bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
                2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
                Post - op curve ~35

Comment

When there is real proof that this treatment works, we'll welcome you with open arms. Until then, you do not get to determine who responds to your posts, and your abusive tone shouldn't be tolerated.

--Linda
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I am happy that you are seeing results from this treatment. You seem very optimistic about it and I wish you continued success.
                    I am actually relplying to a comment about surgeons being "surgeons" and that is all they want to do is cut open. I would like to say that it is not always the case. My "surgeon" is a D.O. and does everything in his power not to cut. In his office they have pain management, physical therapy, chiropractic, accupuncture, and other things that I cant even remember now. He works with a spine foundation trying to help build awareness in the community about early screening and detection of scoli so that things can be done to help prevent the curves from increasing and having to have surgery. It seems like you might have had a bad experience with a surgeon and if that is the case I am sorry. I too had a bad experience with my first ortho in the fact that he wouldnt admit my curve was progressing yet my shoulder somehow ended up by my ear. By the time I got a second opinion my back was going out at least 2 times a month if not more and it was affecting my daily activities. I would have loved to try some form of alternative treatments, but was unable to.
                    You cant say that all surgeons just want to cut and get money from it. My surgeon has not made a penny off of me and I have had 2 surgeries and multiple diagnositc scans (MRI, bone scans, CT scans, x-rays). It is because of his work with the spine foundation that I was able to have surgery and get my life back to "normal" or whatever that is.

Comment

Linda, If I remember right, this is the one of the persons that we had a problem with a month or so ago. She did the same name calling bit then and you had to warn her then about her behavior. Nikki

Comment

I feel so bad about my last post ! I'm not an angry hateful person and I'm sooooo sorry I said those things.

celia

Canadian eh
                        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

I think we should all be able to post and discuss things without being ugly to eachother... We should all be open minded and we SHOULD all be looking for alternative measures...This is what these forums are for is to pass along info. Whether you think someone is doing the right thing or not if we can't be open minded then we might discourage someone else to ask a question or comment because they're afraid they will be attacked.
                          I enjoy reading what other people are doing heck we might find out something out there really works... smile....
                          Kristy :

Comment

I agree with you Kristy. I'm glad you had enough courage to speak up about it and post. I was thinking about it but chickened out. I'm always curious to know what is out there since I'm new to the forum even if it doesn't apply to my son's situation I see it as though I've learned something.
                            Linda
                            Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine
                              When there is real proof that this treatment works, we'll welcome you with open arms. Until then, you do not get to determine who responds to your posts, and your abusive tone shouldn't be tolerated.

--Linda

A- I have all the proof I need for myself, everyone else on here has a right to research what I have claimed and has no obligation to try it.

B- I have been to your site and I truely believe you will never welcome alternative practitioners with open arms.

C- If my tone is abusive what do you consider her attacking me and saying I am advertising for a clinic? Totally false accusation and unsolicited Linda...and THAT should not be tolterated. She attacked me first I think any sane person reading this can see that. She called me "as twisted as my spine"? Do you not consider that abusive? Was basis does she have to do that? Because she doesn't agree with my treatment? Isn't that what this site is about? Learning? She was acting totally juvenile by saying that...and yes I stooped to her level by responding to her in the same manner, but whatever you do Linda don't correct me without correcting her just as much.
                              Katie- age 28

Comment

Originally posted by nikyergen
                                Linda, If I remember right, this is the one of the persons that we had a problem with a month or so ago. She did the same name calling bit then and you had to warn her then about her behavior. Nikki

Yep- the same person who has had wonderful treatment WITHOUT surgery and you don't want to hear it. But heck if I will sit back and be defeated my you b/c obviously there are people on here who want to pursure all options. If you are not here for that reason you merely take up our time with YOUR name calling and you are getting no where and helping no one.
                                Katie- age 28

Comment

Working...
                                X