Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh!

I feel exactley the same way. The other day, I was shopping 4 clothes with my sister, and I felt like crying when I saw all these girls walking around with such cute shirts, that were really tight. When it was winter, I didn't have that big of a problem. I wore a sweatshirt, and I didn't stand out because everyone was wearing a sweatshirt. But it's spring now, and all the girls are wearing tight shirts and skirts. And I feel so self-consious that I don't want to stop wearing my sweatshirt. It gets sooo hot (I live in CA) and I'm like dying. It sux.
    Janet*

Comment

Gosh!

I feel exactley the same way. The other day, I was shopping 4 clothes with my sister, and I felt like crying when I saw all these girls walking around with such cute shirts, that were really tight. When it was winter, I didn't have that big of a problem. I wore a sweatshirt, and I didn't stand out because everyone was wearing a sweatshirt. But it's spring now, and all the girls are wearing tight shirts and skirts. And I feel so self-consious that I don't want to stop wearing my sweatshirt. It gets sooo hot (I live in CA) and I'm like dying. It sux.

~Janet
      Janet*

Comment

i hate it when someone pats me on the back for good luck and i dont even feel it! then they pat me again and finally they say: whats on your back. and i say nothing and they say: but its hard and i say no it isnt and they say yeah it is and then i leave. its embarrassing! the entire week we did dance for PE and cute guys had to hold my waist and look at me wierd but since i have to wear this retarded thing i couldnt even feel their manly hands around me!
        Fairylvr

Comment

Yeah, I know how you feel! Some people think that I am carrying books ?!?!?! Strange but true. We had ballroom dancing in march or something but I dropped my brace off in a room. My friends poke and push me all the time not being mean but having fun.....but it bugs me a lot. talk to you later.
          ~Jill
          Surgery: June 4th, 2004
          Main curve: 44 degrees
          Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
          Surgery Type: Posterior
          T4-T12

Comment

FaeryLover!

I just joined this site today and I was going to use the user name of FaeryLover ....isn't that amazing? Didn't you just join today, too? I used my aol address instead to keep it easy.

Anyway, I can identify with your feelings. I am 27 now, but, I had to wear a brace when I was 15 and it is really hard. People have questions and you just want to melt or disappear into mid air! I understand! If nothing else, at least by being on here you can see that there are other people who are like you. You will get through it. I know it is hard.

Since you are interested in art you should try to use it as an outlet as to how you feel about everything you are going through. I am an artist and I also write poetry when I can.

Take good care and if you ever need anything, let me know!
            Andrea in Tucson, Arizona
            Andrea

Comment

This is so ironic! I also just logged in. Its cool how I can talk with people who know how Im feeling! I love fairies and I wish that I can draw them but I've tried and I just cant!
              Anyways, I hate it when my friend punch me (for fun) . Its kinda embarrasing because people look at me wierd. well, talk to you later!
              Fairylvr

Comment

Hey Jill and other forum members!
                I totally know how you feel...after my surgery I kept saying, why me? why did I have to go through this? lifes not fair! Finally, after my weeks of moping, I came to the point where I understood that life isn't fair and never will be, but everyone has problems. For example, I eat all the time, but never gain weight. People always say how unfair that is, but then again, they have a straight back, and I had to have surgery for mine.

So, my point is to accept the fact that life isn't easy and that everyone struggles with something...there wouldn't be any good if there wasn't any bad. So accept your back - you can't change it by worrying about it. Love life and have fun!!! Isn't that what its all about???
                Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                L2 to T4
                Braced for 4 years
                Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Hey AndreaElle: I was wondering how long it's okay for me to have my brace off. On June 7, my 8th grade class is going to the waterslides to celebrate our graduation and that requires me to be out of my brace for 9 hours. Is it okay for me to be out of it that long? will it affect me? thanks

talk to you later, Aura from California
                  Fairylvr

Comment

Hey girly..

I'm not certain if it would be a big deal for you to not wear your brace for 9 hours. Did you ask your doctor? Did your doctor mention to you if you could ever take it off for an extended period of time? I wouldn't really think it would be a problem, yet, you might want to ask your doctor or a nurse to be sure! I know that you are probably in the process of growing and that is why you want to wear it as much as possible! I remember my doctor let me take it off for a couple of school functions, however. Do you normally wear it for the entire day?

I'm so happy I met you on here! Keep trying to draw faeries...I promise you if you practice with drawing you will get better and better! Perhaps you could try something else that you are interested in...something simple.

Believe in yourself as you believe in the fairies!!! Take good care, Aura!
                    ~Andrea
                    Andrea

Comment

Hey Andrea! I'm so glad I met you here too! I haven't asked my doctor yet. I have an appointment with him on June 9, but Im scared because I think that my brace is too loose and he might get mad. The only time I take my brace off is to shower. How long did you have to wear your brace? My doctor said that I will probably wear it for two years. I've been wearing it since October.
                      I once drew a fairy but she looked like she had a beard. I diidnt like it, but I will keep trying!
                      Talk to you later!
                      Fairylvr

Comment

Fairylvr:
                        Having your brace off for nine hours shouldn't be a problem - your curve is not going to change that quickly. The only time when your spine can change drastically is when you aren't wearing it for the recommended time on a regular basis. Have fun at your party!
                        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                        L2 to T4
                        Braced for 4 years
                        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Thanx Charlotte! I wear my brace 23/7. I hope I have fun at my party too. The weather here hasent been very nice but i hope that its hot when we go to the waterslides! talk to you later!
                          Fairylvr

Comment

off to the waterpark you go..hi ho..hi ho

I think you should certainly go to the waterpark~ You will feel as if you are wearing the brace! It's always strange to not wear it one you are used to having it on! Freeeeeedom!

I hope you have fun! I'll wish you warmth and sun on the 7th!

Hope you had a good day!
                            Andrea

Comment

Hey - I forgot to say that time in water is not considered as time out of the brace...I guess theres something about being in water that keeps you back aligned, maybe the pressure? Anyway, just thought I'd let you know - now you don't have to feel so guilty!
                              Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                              L2 to T4
                              Braced for 4 years
                              Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Thanks for telling me that! Thats cool how I can be in the water and keep my back straight! thanks again!
                                love, aura
                                Fairylvr

Comment

Working...
                                X