10 year old with scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year old with scoliosis

Hello - my daughter has just been diagnosed with scoliosis - only her spine curves from the right to the left. I was wondering if there is anyone out there with - or has a child with left thoracic scoliosis. I have read that it is rare only 1-2 percent of people with scoliosis have it. She is scheduled to have a MRI on Monday - I am told she will be sedated because she is so young. My husband has scoliosis that also curves from right to left and I am hoping it is genetic. Thanks

Daughter with scholosis

Originally posted by Brenda
    Hello - my daughter has just been diagnosed with scoliosis - only her spine curves from the right to the left. I was wondering if there is anyone out there with - or has a child with left thoracic scoliosis. I have read that it is rare only 1-2 percent of people with scoliosis have it. She is scheduled to have a MRI on Monday - I am told she will be sedated because she is so young. My husband has scoliosis that also curves from right to left and I am hoping it is genetic. Thanks
    Hi My daughter was born with scholosis and she also has a backwards curve.
    Because she has congenital scholosis It has gone anywhere between 35-9.
    One year she actually didn't have to wear it and when she went back into the brace she was 4 and a half and I got the doctor to try a brace in the evening and it seems to be holding. I dread the day when they tell her she has to wear a brace to school.

She had an MRI when she was a baby and did fine with the sedation. They were looking for a neurological component but fortunatly they didn't find it. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.
    Lindsey's Mom
    Lindsey's Mom

Comment

Working...
    X