Daughter having surgery in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marie and Carrie,

My prayers for you today and tomorrow and especially on Monday. I pray for your doctors and every care person who will be taking care of Carrie. Remember, rest when she rests, which will be a lot the first few days after surgery. I pray that the recovery will fly by and you will be back on letting us know how successful the surgery was. May God bless all of you.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

My daughter has surgery on January 4th. I know and understand how stressful the last few days before surgery can be. You will feel such relief when the surgery is over. Family and friends are what got us through the last few days before the surgery. We had friends visit us as we waited during her surgery. I took a long walk to calm down and brought magazines. I actually felt a sense of calm when she went into surgery knowing I had picked a top surgeon and this was the best decision for my daughter. I wish you peace getting through these last couple of days. I found the people on these boards and their responses to me invaluable. Friends try to understand what we are going through but it's the people here who really KNOW what it's like. Good Luck and my thoughts will be with you and your daughter.

Comment

Marie and Carrie, may prayers are with you, Kris

Comment

Thank you to everyone

I just wanted to write a quick note to say thank you to everyone for keeping good thoughts and prayers for us on Monday. Carrie is incredibly calm and I am trying to follow her lead. I have kept myself busy for the past week or so and that seems to help me (my house is spotless!)

I will try to post as soon as possible, but don't worry if it's not for a few days; I'm not sure if the hospital has internet access or not. I think we have all bases covered and we are so ready to be on the other side. I hope it is like everyone says, and I will wonder what I was so worried about. I keep that in my mind and it helps me a lot. Another thing that I keep hearing, is our Dr. telling us that the most dangerous thing that Carrie will do the day of surgery is to drive to the hospital--and we do that everyday.

Thank you to everyone for sending posts for us. I printed them out and I am taking those posts to the hospital with us to read and reread. You all have been a wealth of information and emotional support--I couldn't have made it without all of you. Thank you so much.

Marie.

Comment

Hi everyone. I just talked to Marie and she wanted me to give you an update on Carrie. She made it through her surgery very well, although it was longer than expected. Lots of waiting and worrying, as they were only contacted a couple of times to be updated on what was going on. The doctor fused from T2-L3.

Carrie has already had ice chips and seems to be doing really well. Marie wanted me to tell everyone thanks for all the responses, thoughts, and prayers. The next few days will be trying, but now the recovery begins.

Love, Connie

Comment

Yeah! I am so happy surgery was successful! I pray every goes smoothly and quickly from here on out - keep the ice chips coming! I hope the parents are faring better then the past few days, I continue to pray everthing goes smoothly for all involved.

Renee

Comment

Marie,
                Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We were there 5 weeks ago. This will be tough but it does get easier. Take care of youself as Marie said. It does get exhausting but just wanted you to know we were thinking of you. Hope you are home soon it helps to get home.

Love & prayers!
                Laura P

Comment

Whew...so glad it's over and was a success. I thought of Carrie throughout the day yesterday. Hope the post-surgery goes uneventful. Try to rest Marie. And a nice hot shower won't hurt either!
                  Keeping you in our prayers, Ann

Comment

Working...
                  X