ciropractic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikki...

I'm fairly certain that Atlas IS a chiropractor.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

yeah im thinking he is too...but as a chiro i was wondering if its good if my back pops all the time? it hurts so thats why im a little worried should i be?

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosiscutie
        lucida console pink

I have a 42 degree curve in my spine and in 5 months it increased 9 degrees I have a TLSO brace and they are talking about surgery. My parents are making me go to this ciropractor who thinks he can fix the problem. I don't want to go to him because my orthopedic surgeon said its a waste of time. I was also wondering about the surgery. So if you have any experince I need help on convincing my parents not to send me there anymore. Thanks and if you have any info from the surgery like the pain and stuff please let me know also let me know if can do what you normally do if you didn't have rods in your back
        I went to one when I was younger.. it did NOT help, and my curve is twice what it was then. ...to discount the whole chiropractors treating scoliosis even further.. my chiro was/is one supposly well known in the field. He created whole bunch of educational materials I've seen in other chiropractor's offices.

If Chiropractors truly could help... it'd be used as a first line of treatment.. no matter how much certain group of people make orthos seem like jerks out for their own gain w/o regards to other forms of medicine, many will refer patients for treaments that will actually help them.. so.. what I'm saying is talk to your parents/ortho about options for the future. Watch your curve carefully and stop wasting your time and money.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

yeah im thinking he is too...but as a chiro i was wondering if its good if my back pops all the time? it hurts so thats why im a little worried should i be?
          I would say no. If it hurts all the time with chiro treatments and "pops", then no. I would say get yourself to an orthopedic right away.

Just my opinion.
          36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
          Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
          Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
          Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
          Curve post op = 20 degrees
          No pain anymore!!
          Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Thanks, have any of you experienced that? Also do you think my ortho. will stop treating me? my chiro said that and now im afraid to go back?

Comment

Thanks, have any of you experienced that? Also do you think my ortho. will stop treating me? my chiro said that and now im afraid to go back?
              Your chiro is bluffing. You won't know until you go back and there are plenty of doctors to choose from.
              30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
              2005 - T50, L31
              bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
              2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
              Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Your chiro sounds like a whack job who's afraid to lose the money he's making off of you if you go to an ortho.
                Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
                No pain anymore!!
                Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

You Have To Read This!!!!!

Scoliosis cutie-
                  your mom is a wise wise person. You DO NOT want surgery and those saying there is "no documented proof that chiro works" are going to the wrong chiro, they are uneducated, and narrow minded. And they most likely have had the surgery and refuse to admit there are alternatives. Go to www.clear-institute.com read all the articles, success stories, curve reduction and curve correction. CALL THEM!!!

I am 28 and when I was 14 I BEGGED my mother to let me get surgery b/c I thought it was a "quick fix" (we American's want things now don't we!)...there is no quick fix to scoliosis...and surgery will cause you a lifetime of pain, scar tissue, additional surgeries, and will limit you physically!!...(read the post from "curl" in the non-surgical forum- she is in alot of pain at 53 years old after multiple fusions) I could tell you so many horror stories. Listen to your mom. I thank my mom every day of my life for keeping me from the operating room. I am pain free, active, a triathlete, a hiker, a biker, I was a cheerleader in the NFL, I have 2 big dogs that pull me every direction each day...I have lived an above normal pain free wonderful life WITH scoliosis and CHIROPRACTIC IS THE ONLY REASON WHY!!! If it does not work, don't waste your time where you are at...just find another chiro b/c there are ones out there who CAN help scoliosis. The "happiest day" of that persons' life was "walking into her chiro's office and showing him her corrective surgery?" that is the most heinous thing I have ever heard. Trust me...that chiro doc was sad for her...because he or she knows what that person does not...that it is expensive, dangerous and not 100% effective. Trust me...the chiro was not the one humbled by that...he or she just knows that some don't listen. Most curves repaired by surgery are back to their original state in a number of years...but those darn rods are there to stay baby doll. DON'T DO IT!! The average scoliosis curve only improves 50% after surgery and wosens by 3.2 degrees after 1 year, 6.5 degrees after 2 years and another 1 degree per year after that. Just email me and I will mail you studies on this. katie_oconnell77@yahoo.com LISTEN TO YOUR MOM!! SHE IS A WISE LADY!! YOU WILL THANK THE HECK OUT OF HER ONE DAY!!!
                  Katie- age 28
                  Ironman Triathlete in Training
                  Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
                  Diagnosed with scoliosis at 12 Braced '92-'94
                  Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
                  With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

your mom is a wise wise person. You DO NOT want surgery and those saying there is "no documented proof that chiro works" are going to the wrong chiro, they are uneducated, and narrow minded.
                    I for one would appreciate it if you would stop stating that we are all narrow minded and uneducated.

I would also appreciate it if you would stop telling people that they do not want surgery.
                    This decision is theirs alone to make with their families and their doctors.

Thank you.
                    No pain anymore!!
                    Google is your friend

Comment

please read before you post

If you read my posts you would know that I have said a million times that I am "all for anything that works"...I was giving this advice to the girl who started this thread asking if chiro worked. you all told her it does not, so why can't I tell her it does...especially if for me IT HAS!

If you want me to tell people not to have surgery, why would you tell people not to go to a chiro when I have people it has straight up corrected? To make a blanket statement that "chiropractic does not work?"...how is that not narrow-minded?
                      Katie- age 28
                      Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
                      Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
                      With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

Your exact words were you DO NOT want surgery and that she would thank the heck out of her mother later.
                        That is telling her what to do.

Why not instead of calling people names, post your experience and only your experience.
                        You have been getting increasingly more rude and pushy in your need to tell people that chiro does work.
                        If it worked for you, great, happy for you. But stop calling people names, stop telling us we are uneducated, stop telling people what they want to do with their bodies.
                        Offer your side of your experience and leave it alone.
                        No pain anymore!!
                        Google is your friend

Comment

in addition

By the way, you just posted on the non-surgical thread...did you see where I referred that nice lady to my dad's ortho surgeon? how then am I against surgery? that guy is awesome! I am only against people who say NOT to try anything BUT surgery. It makes no sense not to consider your options.
                          Katie- age 28

Comment

I know where I posted. I am reading your posts and responding to them.

I am simply asking you to stop telling people what to do. Post your story, offer up what procedure has been working for you.
                            This decision is ours alone and we thank you for posting your story and telling us what has worked for you but I find you to be pushy.
                            No pain anymore!!
                            Google is your friend

Comment

I apologize

My apologies for sounding pushy katblack. I probably should just breath right now! I know what you are going through and I wish you luck on your upcoming proceedure. I know you will be fine. I only really turned defensive after Karen's posts. SHE is pushy..telling everyone that chiropractic is the enemy...and it brings tears to my eyes b/c it has worked for me!! I am not living a lie! I feel people are accepting of positive surgery success stories on here...but 1 person says they were helped by a chiro and "it just can't be! It has never been documented!" and all I ask is that people explore their options. i sincerely apologize if I came off harsh. I just snapped when i saw a little girl on here who was under chiro care and all these adults telling her to get out. You are right "it is the parents decision"...and her mom's decisions is chiro and we should support that.
                              Katie- age 28

Comment

You are right "it is the parents decision"...and her mom's decisions is chiro and we should support that.
                                I am very supportive of that.

I think people have a hard time with chiro because it is mostly undocumented. And when it is, the results are very minor and it requires years and years of treatments.
                                No one wants to spend years and money on treatments.
                                I know when my chiro told me I would have to see him 3x a week for the rest of my life, I died inside.
                                I came home and bawled my eyes out because there was no end. There was no on this day your pain will go away. On this day, your back will be straight. It was a forever sentence and it was crushing.

If this girls parents want to try chiro first, I am 100% behind them but I also want this girl to be able to say at some point if she feels it's not working, that she wants to try something else, her parents will support her.
                                After all, it is her back that she has to live with for the rest of her life and potentially wasting years on a treatment that may or may not work, is not truly in the child's best interest.
                                No pain anymore!!
                                Google is your friend

Comment

Working...
                                X