New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

hi i'm new here even though iv'e had my brace for 1 year now. i have idiopathic scoliosis lower lumber. i don't really have any questions about any thing just here to help, and chat! i'm 14 i live in lancashire england. in 6 months i will either be getting rid of my brace (BURNING IT ON A FIRE!) or having an operation. my brace is called BOB and it's a love hate relationship! Get back to me if you like for any reason!
    Hatty
    Bored of BOB!
    Curve 47 degrees and is lower lumber.
    6-8 months until "bonfire night"

What is your degree of curvature? Is the brace working? What is a BOB brace?

Comment

ME

It is 53 degrees, it is not improving but is not getting worse. BOB is just what i call it i recommened you naming your brace. Really
      it's a Boston back brace. Thanks for replying do you know of any chatrooms rather than a notice board for us gifted ones! HAHA
      Bored of BOB!
      Curve 47 degrees and is lower lumber.
      6-8 months until "bonfire night"

Comment

Paging, Joe O'Brien. Hatty is asking for more interaction like David SD suggested not too long ago. I agree. We need it.

Comment

Hi, Im new here too and I just became a member. Just like you I have had my brace going on a year in March. Last week I found out that I need surgery. I can't wait to burn my brace too! Actualy I found that it's not that bad. Breathing is hard but I have pretty much adapted to the new way I sleep. My mom named my brace mini-me. My surgery is in June and I am actually really excited. In March I have to get a catscan, give blood (to my self) and MORE x-rays. I have to wear my brace 22/7 (to school). Finding clothes that fit me is sort of hard. I live in sweat shirts and stretch pants.
          Surgery: June 4th, 2004
          Main curve: 44 degrees
          Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
          Surgery Type: Posterior
          T4-T12

Comment

i have had my brace for about 3 weeks now and i am also thinking aobut naming mine i am thinking about OG what do you think.... by the way i hate the thing i can hardly sleep in it haha but i guess if they think its going to stop it from getting any worse its alright well g2g Peace!

Comment

OG sounds like a cool name. I used to have a really hard time sleeping. Now I sometimes even forget I was wearing it. What helped me sleep was a small pillow that I would put between my legs and it evened out my body. But yes I do agree the first few weeks are really hard, but if you are like me everything will seem normal, give it a week or two.
              Surgery: June 4th, 2004
              Main curve: 44 degrees
              Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
              Surgery Type: Posterior
              T4-T12

Comment

Working...
              X