spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerbo,
    How cold is it??? Sorry....no seal recipes here. Actually we're going through a deep freeze as well, yesterday with the wind chill it hit -29 degrees Celsius. Some theorists predict global warming will spark the next ice age.

Gallathea,
    At our last visit, I was told as long as the brace fits and it's doing it's job then there is no need to replace it and I get the feeling that replacing the brace is actually discouraged but I'm doing it because Deirdre has grown 4 inches and the brace is in rough shape. It is a big expenditure but we have good insurance and coverage won't be a problem.

Christine,
    My husband has scoliosis and he's brilliant! He specialized in Physics in University and he won a very prestigious scholarship based on his marks in University.

Last edited by Celia; 02-08-2007, 04:19 AM.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• -6 and an inch or two of snow and the country is grinding to a halt. Motorways in chaos, trains sliding instead of riding, airports shut, My son's sec school is closed, whimps and spineless the british, i tell you!!

Comment

• Gerbo,

Stay warm!!! My kids want a snow day so badly. But so far, just snow showers.

Melissa
        Melissa
        From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
        Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Gerbo,

Sorry to hear this Do most people in England have indoor heating besides fireplaces????

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• melissa; what's the difference between snowshowers and a snow day

celia; usually our fireplaces tend to be indoor

Comment

• I mean a furnace~~~~ Ya know radiators and such!

Canadian eh

Comment

• Gerbo,

I just meant that there has not been any heavy snow. We have only had a light dusting on the road, not enough to close down any schools. Barely enough for any sledding. The kids want to get at least a few inches. But it has certainly been very cold here. Every hour I have to take my puppy out on a leash. What a pain. She still doesn't get it, so I just have to keep guessing. It is similar to potty training a child in the beginning. I can't wait until she starts initiating.

Melissa
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Hi Melissa
                  I train all my pups with a bell. I works great. I hang a bell from my exit door knob and everytime I bring my pup out for potty time (not play time) I ring the bell with their nose or paw. I then make a big deal Do you have to go out? Good boy. then bring the pup to the designated potty area. You will be surprised how fast they get it!!

Christine
                  from CT, USA
                  6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                  8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                  10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                  10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                  10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                  4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                  8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                  2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                  3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• a furnace is a device used in a crematorium, I think you refer to what we call "central heating" which consists of a boiler (which heats the water) pipes and radiators. Most houses would have that indeed although some of the older properties still would have a either oil, gas or coal fuelled fireplace as a way of heating. In ourcase, we have central heating, but also a lovely woodburner in our livingroom, saves on the gas bill and a nice focal point. Please feel free to ask anything else you would like to know about our heating arrangements, and ofcourse if you want to know about our watersupply, well, that's a different story altogether....

Comment

• melissa, don't you just hate it how dogwee messes up the beautifull white snow..

Comment

• You want to see yellow snow I have 4 dogs, We need more snow to cover it!
                        from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• dogs should wear nappies!!

Comment

• O K I'll bite what the heck is a nappie?
                            from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• I remember from watching american films; you call them diapers (??) (i think)

Comment

• It's what that female astronaut wore as she drove 900 miles to confront her rival in that bitter love triangle. I guess she didn't want to make any pit stops along the way LOL!!!

Canadian eh

Comment

Working...
                                X