No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction! I noticed on the news last night that there is a big storm in the north.
    I don't know if it included Montreal, but I wouldn't be surprised. It was beautiful spring weather this time last year. Rachel and I were there the second week in April in 2006.
    Enjoy the snow!
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Melissa
      I also get confused as to who lives where. I will put that in my signature.
      Christine
      from CT, USA
      6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
      8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
      10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
      10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
      10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
      4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
      8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
      2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
      3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• Christine,

I don't know why I was thinking you lived in North Carolina. See, it is helping already!
        Melissa
        From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
        Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Thanks for the good thoughts. It's been lousy weather here in Boston. I'm hoping our flight goes smoothly and that we don't miss out appointment! I thought for sure we' be safe flying this late in the year.

Caroline
          From Massachusetts, USA
          7-yr.-old daughter in Spinecor 9/06-10/07
          Vertebral stapling surgery done 10/07 at Shriners in Philadelphia

Comment

• It was snowing when Rachel and I went in January. We didn't have any problems. Wing deicing(sp?) took an extra 30 minutes, but the flight was smooth. The cab drivers in Montreal are used to the snow. I was nervous, but we made it fine.
            God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Hi guys!

Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper alternative to the spinecor body suits? I cannot sew, myself, but if I had to, I could get a seamstress. I would prefer to just buy them, already made.
              Thanks for any help you can offer.

Nancy

Comment

• Some of the Moms like bodysuit.com located in Connecticut. They have so many colors and materials. Nicole, however didn't like the way they fit her. Spinecor fits her the best, but they are always ripping on the bottom. I went to a seamstress and had her put new snaps on the ripped ones. I also bought Nicole panties and had the seamstress sew snaps into them. She wears a woman's tank tee with those. She has been happy with the panties and the Spinecor.
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• I have also tried everything and my daughter only likes the spinecor bodysuits. I tried the bodysuits co in Ct but my daughter is so petite that they did not fit her. I think Caroline has had bikeshorts altered for her daughter. She should be back from her appt. in Montreal soon and will probably chime in.
                  from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Hmmmmmmmmm.........Altered bike shorts. I might try that for Rachel. She wears the underwear with the boy leg to give her more coverage. It helps with irritation from the straps. I think she would like altered bike shorts. I have offered them(unaltered), but she said she couldn't go to the bathroom.

Caroline,
                    How did the appt go? I've been looking forward to your report.
                    How do you alter the bike shorts?
                    Cheryl

Comment

• When you describe altered bike shorts, I'm imagining the old style pyjamas with a huge cut out at the bottom that buttons up at the back ? Do you know the ones I mean???

Canadian eh
                      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.K., that is a funny thought! I can see Rachel tucking up at the back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hi Everyone:

The appointment went fine. Annabel is holding steady at 20 on top. Part of me was hoping for more of an improvement, but I know it's great that she hasn't progressed and that her initial improvement is still there. The lower curve was a bit worse, but Dr. Rivard said he wasn't worried about it. So I'll try not to be.... An interesting note on the trip: this was the first time we had flown (ususally we all drive as a family, but this time I just took Annabel on a plane for a day trip ). At Canadian customs, they asked for a letter from the father. I'd heard this was a possibility, so luckily I had one on me. Anyway, don't forget a letter if only one parent is taking the child (not sure if this happens when you drive).

The underwear I converted for Annabel are these Champion exercise bottoms that go a bit down the thigh. I just cut a slit in the crotch. They work fine for her and protect her legs from the thigh-band chafing.

Caroline
                          From Massachusetts, USA

Comment

• I know what you mean. I keep hoping for additional improvement in Rachel's measurements, too. I know we are blessed to have some correction and be holding there, also.
                            Has she grown any since being put in the brace? I celebrate every inch. Every inch she grows and her curve holds, is an inch away from surgery, the way I see it!
                            What has her compensatory curve done? What were her initial measurements and what has been the progression?
                            Did Dr. Rivard say anything about that other than that he was not worried about it?
                            I know he told Gerbo that he had never seen a compensatory curve progress to any structural deformity, (I think that is what Gerbo said.)
                            I watch that carefully everytime and stress about it, too.
                            Last edited by cherylplinder; 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Hi Caroline

It sounds like you had a good appointment. I am glad the curve is holding. We all are in the same boat as far as wanting more correction. I hate to say this and sound greedy but at our 2nd appt my daughter went from 7 up to 11 degrees. I new in my head that it was still excellent but in my heart I wanted more. NORMAL!! If you can keep it a 20, or close to that, your daughter can avoid surgery. Did Dr. Coilliard tighten up the straps? She did considerably on my daughters.
                              from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

• Not much strap tightening this time, and not much growth. Her lower curve was at 20 before the brace, then went down to 9 in brace and is now at 16. Dr. Rivard just said that the upper curve was the problem and that he wasn;t worried about the lower. (The expert ped ortho we went to at Boston Children's didn't even mention the lower curve, so I guess they don;t worry about it at this stage...?) Rivard said it's only a problem when the lower gets bigger than the upper. I guess I'm just going to cross that bridge if (and when) we get to it. It is hard, though, to think that the real test of all this is still years away when she has her major growth spurt.

C
                                From Massachusetts, USA

Comment

Working...
                                X