spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celia
    They are very good about returns. Rita will have no problem changing the design.
    from CT, USA
    6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
    8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
    10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
    10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
    10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
    4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
    8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
    2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
    3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• Thank you for all the responses!! Emily is doing very well today with her brace. This morning when she woke up I asked her if she wanted to take it off for a while before going to summer camp and she said no. At lunch time I went to visit her at camp and she was doing fine. I guess she is adjusting better than me

Caroline,

Emily is wearing a tee shirt that doesn't completely cover the #4 strap today and she is okay with it, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that she is over the initial shock.

I have a call in to the chiro who fitted her to check on the strap issues so we'll see what he suggests when he calls back.
      Emily's mom-11 1/2 years old
      28 degree scoliosis 9/04
      Chiari Malformation/SM decompressed 11/04
      17-24 degrees 11/04-6/07
      Wearing Spinecor Brace since June 07
      3/31/10- 29 degrees oob
      11/18/09 17 degrees in brace

Comment

• Hi Emarismom,

Sounds like a breeze so far?? How does Emily find sleeping in it? We are really looking forward to getting Immy's on Friday!

Laura
        UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
        10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
        Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

• Emily has had no trouble sleeping in it at all. None of the straps are rubbing or chafing her skin. I bought her the boxer type underwear and some really
          soft, tight tees to wear under the brace. The tees were 5.99 at Target and she is very happy with these. She did not like the spinecor bodysuits at all. On the first day she kept complaining that they were giving her "wedgies".

I hope that everything goes well on Friday.

Michelle
          Emily's mom-11 1/2 years old
          28 degree scoliosis 9/04
          Chiari Malformation/SM decompressed 11/04
          17-24 degrees 11/04-6/07
          Wearing Spinecor Brace since June 07
          3/31/10- 29 degrees oob
          11/18/09 17 degrees in brace

Comment

• Allegra,

Yes, a left thoracic curve means the thoracic curve goes to the left. Rachel has a right thoracic. Her thoracic curve goes to the right. I described it in detail because it seemed that someone might have a left thoracic curve. It would be difficult to equate the two if you were not acutely aware of the difference.
            I can see how Rachel's #4 strap corrects the rotation of her thoracic curve, -partially because I have read the manual. I will try to post it later, but tonight is my 25th anniversary of marriage. (Of course, I was a child bride at 19!) My husband wants me to get off the computer. We didn't make it 25 years without compromise!

Celebrate with me the perseverance that 25 years takes and pray that we have instillled the same perseverance in our children. He's a wonderful man, but he took 25 years to train. (I took 25 years, too! I appreciate that it goes both ways!)

Hugs to all!

Cheryl
            God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• He had to take a shower! Here is the manual.

Hugs!

Cheryl

Oops! It didn't copy the first time. I'll edit and try again.
              http://www.srs.org/professionals/bra.../section13.pdf
              Last edited by cherylplinder; 06-11-2007, 09:36 PM.
              God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• anniversaries

omg HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY!!!

HI
                Im 15
                im pretty outgoing
                JV Cheerleader-woot woot :]

my curves are:
                in the 30s.
                somewhere in or around there.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

• Thanks!
                  http://www.srs.org/professionals/bra.../section13.pdf
                  And here is the manual!

Comment

• Hey gang,

I'm sure many of you going to Montreal for treatment are aware of their new x-ray machine ??? Apparently the radiation dose is 1/3 of regular x-rays or is that digital? Digital x-rays are already half the radiation dose of regular x-rays so I was wondering which one it is. Anyway....I'm very excited about the prospect of less radiation and it's obvious that dr. Rivard cares and is looking out for our kids. Does anyone know what the machine is called? It takes both a lateral and P/A at the same time and works with lights????

p.s.

Happy Anniversary Cheryl!!! I hope you got spoiled!!!

Canadian eh
                    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Thanks Celia,
                      We had a lovely evening!

Comment

• celia,

we had to sign a consent form this last time we were there. it was the first time we used the new x-ray machine. we got a handout describing it. unfortunately, it is in french. i will look it over and see if i can find the name of it. the older woman that is there who is very friendly said they are doing a study to detect the radiation exposure of different organs using this new machine. they need a fair number of patients to get enough data, but yes, it seems they are definitely interested in decreasing radiation exposure.

deshea
                        mom to lucas 6 1/2 yrs old with infantile scoliosis diagnosed at 18 mos 68o/45o;
                        spinal detethering due to a tight/fatty filum at 22 mos;
                        tlso and charleston brace from 18 mos to 2 1/2 yrs old at children's boston, ma;
                        serial plaster casting from 2 1/2 until 4 1/2 at shriners in erie, pa;
                        now in a spinecor brace at 21o/19o from montreal. next appt. sept 2008
                        and ruby (3 1/2 yrs old and a handful!)
                        north of boston, ma

Comment

• Originally posted by desheah
                          celia,

we had to sign a consent form this last time we were there. it was the first time we used the new x-ray machine. we got a handout describing it. unfortunately, it is in french.

Hmmm.....I didn't have to sign a consent form or get a handout I can't imagine signing a consent form for something that is actually an improvement on existing treatment and hence not assuming additional risks. The consent form was probably to allow them to include you in the study? Could you scan the pamphlet and e-mail it to me.
                          Last edited by Celia; 06-13-2007, 07:35 AM.

Canadian eh
                          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Hi everyone

I am planning our next vacation around a visit to Montreal in August. I was thinking about spending 2 nights at the Great Escape Lodge in NY. Any input from anyone?
                            Christine
                            from CT, USA
                            6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                            8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                            10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                            10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                            10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                            4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                            8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                            2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                            3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

• Deshea and Celia,

When we were in Montreal in April, we were sent to the new x-ray and they discussed us signing a consent, but then they ended up sending us back to the old machine. We didn't quite understand why??

Ann Rairdon
                              Mother to 14 year old daughter
                              Diagnosed with infantile scoliosis at 6 months (54 degree left thoracic)
                              Boston Brace for 5 years.
                              Montreal to see Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard 7/04 to 1/08(spinecor brace and 3 casts)
                              surgery with Dr. Clements Oct. 2008 (8 staples and a hybrid rod)
                              3 lengthenings with Dr. Samdani
                              Scheduled for fusion with Dr. Samdani

Comment

• Nobody mentioned a new x-ray to us. I also don't go in with Nicole. We wait outside the door.

Hope you don't mind but I am not ready to leave this thread. I still feel very attached to Spinecor and sometimes can't believe what has happened.
                                Melissa
                                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Working...
                                X