No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amanda, I believe Celia left the boards which is why you haven't seen her posting - but I had seen a post on another forum and fortunately the news was good...1 degree curve (i think she was measured at 2 degrees in her previous appointment); you can't get much better than that!
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

• Originally posted by jillw
      Amanda, I believe Celia left the boards which is why you haven't seen her posting - but I had seen a post on another forum and fortunately the news was good...1 degree curve (i think she was measured at 2 degrees in her previous appointment); you can't get much better than that!

jillw, Celia never left this board. She's been a member, and is STILL a member. In fact, she posted here (quite out of the blue) on 2/26/08 (http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...6148#post56148) under the same account she's had forever.

I'd have thought she'd have posted Deirdre's results herself: A bit odd those were posted via proxy, but an article about exercise merited a personal post?

If someone has an active account, and is physically able to post, it's my view they should make their own posts.

But that's just my opinion.

Glad to hear Deirdre's doing well ...

Regards,
      Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

• Deidre is doing splendidly!

I can't speak for Celia, but I can say that I do not visit this site very often anymore because of a few aggressive and unsympathetic members.

Such a shame that this has happened.

jillw, Celia never left this board. She's been a member, and is STILL a member. In fact, she posted here (quite out of the blue) on 2/26/08 (http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/show...56148#post56148) under the same account she's had forever.

I'd have thought she'd have posted Deirdre's results herself: A bit odd those were posted via proxy, but an article about exercise merited a personal post?

If someone has an active account, and is physically able to post, it's my view they should make their own posts.

But that's just my opinion.

Glad to hear Deirdre's doing well ...

Regards,
        Pam
        Do you have any idea how badly your posts come across? Get over yourself and stop upsetting people.
        UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
        10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
        Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

• RugbyLaura,

As much as I HATE to get involved in this BS again, I must ask you - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Read Pam's post again - she's stating facts.

YOUR post, on the other hand, got ugly. All Amanda did was ask if Celia was OK - why the attacks???

If you read OTHER threads on here (surgical, etc.) you will see that Pam has been a HUGE help to many adult surgical patients. She is also one of the most knowledgeable folks I've ever met with regard to scoli (heck, she's dealt with it for 30 years!) and her input has helped a lot of people.

I do not mean this sarcastically, but if Pam's posts upset you then perhaps you shouldn't read them - because I'd bet my last dollar she's not going anywhere.
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• Ta da!

Point proven.

I shan't be coming back either. SpineCor thread has been hijacked by people with no interest in it.

Bye
            UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
            10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.

Comment

• Hmmmmm....A thread being hijacked by people with no interest in that particular form of treatment (VBS) for their child???

Rings a bell!
              mariaf305@yahoo.com
              Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
              Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• Toys back in Pram now

Dear All,

Feeling a little ..... I have now calmed down and decided to take the advice of my many friends. Thank you guys!

Without this forum, and this thread in particular, Imogen would be wearing a rigid brace 23 hours per day and would have had to give up dance and fundamentally change her life.

I feel I have a duty - it is also a pleasure (most of the time) - to help to keep this thread going to let people know that there ARE alternatives out there. To this end I must also state that I have never had anything against VBS. I would love to explore all options fully but unfortunately VBS is not available in the UK. I would never criticise anyone for any decision that they have made; we are all here, doing our best for our children (or ourselves) and helping each other along the way.

I have visited the forum a few times over the last couple of months with a view to posting and reading information. On each occasion I have seen unpleasant/argumentative posts . I'm sorry I snapped. I should have ignored them, and will in future.

Immy had her 9 month follow-up today. Just routine, no xrays, asymmetry measured using Scoliometer & laser beam. No change from last visit. Has grown 1.5cm in 3 months so growth spurt yet to arrive. Back again in June when she'll have in & out brace xrays.

Love to all & please come back.....

Laura x

Comment

• Laura,

I am glad you decided to come back and post some good news about your daughter. It is great to hear she is doing so well with the Spinecor.
                  Melissa
                  From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                  Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Laura,

I'm glad Immy is doing well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for June.

We will be going to see the doc on Monday, so then we'll see if the brace is working better now. If it isn't, then I guess I''l nave to weigh the pros and cons of keeping Emily in it. Let's hope that it is working now.

Michelle
                    Emily's mom-11 1/2 years old
                    28 degree scoliosis 9/04
                    Chiari Malformation/SM decompressed 11/04
                    17-24 degrees 11/04-6/07
                    Wearing Spinecor Brace since June 07
                    3/31/10- 29 degrees oob
                    11/18/09 17 degrees in brace

Comment

• Good luck for Monday Michelle, will be thinking of you...

xx

Comment

• Laura,

So glad Immy is doing well. Glad you're back! It gets lonely without you all!

Hugs!

Cheryl
                        God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Laura,

We just found out last night that Nicole is going to England next spring with her Choir!!!! She is so excited!!!! Cheerio!!!
                          Melissa
                          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Very exciting, Melissa! Certainly gives something to look forward to.

Renee

Comment

• Yes, that's great news Melissa. They must be really good.

Comment

• Oh wow! Where's she going? Probably London?? Let me know details when you get them!! (Can you hide in her suitcase?)

We're going to the US this summer - But US is MUCH bigger than UK....

Laura x

Comment

Working...
                                X