No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some recent Halloween pictures from last month. I also sneaked in a picture of the battle-wearied mom, weight of the world on her shoulders.... sitting by the computer frantically searching for information.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lloween009.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lloween014.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lloween008.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lloween011.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...unnyday016.jpg
    Last edited by Celia; 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Wow, Celia, your kids have changed so much over the past two years. I love the missing teeth!!!! But that is a sure fire sign of growing up. It goes too fast from here!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

The picture of you could definitely have a caption on the bottom that says, "Worried about her daughter's scoliosis." Join the Worried Moms Club. It never ends.
      Melissa
      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• She lost the top front tooth the week before Halloween and was very happy because witches normally have missing teeth. My son is looking more like a teenager these days. He'll be 10 in a couple of weeks....it does go so fast. The day they were both born is still very fresh in my memory.

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Dr. Rivard

I went to a spinecor seminar about 6 months ago with Dr. Rivard and Dr. Colliard, I can tell you they are both brilliant, and they are going to work hard to make sure your daughter gets the best care.

Are you seeing a chiropractor? It is very complementary to spinecor, you should find a DC in your are that has experience with spinecor and scoliosis.
          2001 T-sp 58* L-sp 55*
          2007 T-sp 64* L-sp 67*
          Surgery Dec. 21 2007
          Posterior fusion T3 to L3

Comment

• ID card for St. «justine

Hi, I have a question for those who see Drs. Rivard/colliard...we`re in montreal and have an appointment tomorrow and i just realized we forgot that blue ID card that they gave us on our first visit. is that going to be a problem when we are going to get xrays or at any other time?

thanks! Jill
            daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
            -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
            -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
            -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

• Jill:

It is standard practice at Ontario hospitals to issue a card like this. You will probably just have to go to registration and get a new one.

Ruth
              Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

• Jill and Deshea,

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! Jill if you're staying in Montreal for any length of time try to go to the Biodome, it's quite the attraction! I think Ruth is correct about getting a new card; I think they have your number on file so they'll just reissue a new card.

Quickie note on Deirdre's neck.....everything looks perfectly straight!!!! Of course the proof is in the puddin' when we do the x-rays early next year.

Canadian eh

Comment

• blue card

Jill,

We needed to get a new card for some reason in September. We just went to the registration room on the 1st floor and they issued us a new one. I'm assuming it would be the same procedure if you forgot it at home. Good luck with your appointment.

Ann Rairdon
                  Mother to 14 year old daughter
                  Diagnosed with infantile scoliosis at 6 months (54 degree left thoracic)
                  Boston Brace for 5 years.
                  Montreal to see Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard 7/04 to 1/08(spinecor brace and 3 casts)
                  surgery with Dr. Clements Oct. 2008 (8 staples and a hybrid rod)
                  3 lengthenings with Dr. Samdani
                  Scheduled for fusion with Dr. Samdani

Comment

• Jill,
                    Praying all goes well! I know this is an especially nerve racking check up for you.
                    Rachel looks better to me than she did in August. I hope looks are not deceiving!
                    We'll find out December 6th.
                    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Oh Cheryl, that's WONDERFUL to hear!!!! I was so worried when I didn't hear from you! I thought your appointment was last month and where is Gerbo hiding these days????!

Since I'm currently in a picture sharing mood Here's a picture of Mont Royal or Montreal. I think it was taken in March 2007 from our hotel room.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...5/CELIA101.jpg
                      Last edited by Celia; 11-12-2007, 01:05 PM.

Canadian eh

Comment

• Cheryl,

I'm taking Emily in for her 6 month xray on December 6th also. I have been getting very nervous over he last few weeks, even though she really does "look" straighter to me. Rib hump doesn't look as pronounced either. But of course, I need the xrays to prove that I'm really seeing what I think I'm seeing.

Jill, I hope that everything goes well at your appt. today.
                        Emily's mom-11 1/2 years old
                        28 degree scoliosis 9/04
                        Chiari Malformation/SM decompressed 11/04
                        17-24 degrees 11/04-6/07
                        Wearing Spinecor Brace since June 07
                        3/31/10- 29 degrees oob
                        11/18/09 17 degrees in brace

Comment

• All you folks who see the docs in Montreal, two questions:

When you called for an appointment, how long until you could get one?

What's the typical charge for a consultation (we already have the brace)? We're in the U.S. and I understand U.S. insurers won't cover medical expenses in Canada unless it's an emergency.

Thanks.

Mary Ellen

Comment

• Originally posted by WNCmom
                            All you folks who see the docs in Montreal, two questions:
                            What's the typical charge for a consultation (we already have the brace)? We're in the U.S. and I understand U.S. insurers won't cover medical expenses in Canada unless it's an emergency.
                            Mary Ellen
                            X-rays are, $325 or so, and the consult was $80., we head up next week for our recheck; it's been a little over two years in the Spinecor Brace now. p

Comment

• Mary Ellen:
                              We got our first appointment with Dr. Rivard two weeks after requesting it.
                              Ruth
                              Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

• Mary Ellen, we were charged $100 for the consult (maybe that's the rate for new patients and older patients are grandfathered at $80)

Celia, What hotel were you in when you took the picture of Montreal? its pretty. GREAT news that you don't see a neck curve anymore. I can't wait until you go in to have it confirmed. Actually it sounds like a bunch of people have appointments coming up in the next month or so and I will be praying that they all go well.

We had great news today. In brace, katie's curve has further reduced to 3T/4L. (yay!) thanks for your kind wishes, everybody. And thanks for the info on the Blue ID card...thanks to you we knew we'd need to get a new one so we arrived a bit early and had that taken care of to avoid delays.

We met Deshea, Lucas and family today. They are very nice people. I hope they had good news today also!
                                daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
                                -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
                                -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
                                -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Working...
                                X