Recommended bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended bed

My son was diagnosed with a 16% curvature to his spine located in his lower back. He has been complaining that his bed is hurting his back ~~when I laid down on it the durn thing felt like a rock! It is several years old. He has tried my bed which has a 4 inch foam topper that you can leave your hand print in. He says it makes him feel better. I just would like some feedback before purchasing a mattress like this for him as I do NOT want to make a bad situation worse. What have you all found to work for your teenagers?

Thanks for you input,

lisa
    lkr1982

Hi! I think if you search "bed" in the search function (at the top right hand of the screen) you may find a bunch of posts from a while ago... they were talking about mattress topper types and mattresses I think. Good luck! Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

Thank you Laura, I will!
      lisa

Comment

Hi there - I had surgery in 1984 (herrington rods) - At that time I used to use my grandmas hospital egg crates on my mattress - Since then I have always used foam toppers but in the last 2 years I purchased a Beauty Rest pillow top bed which has individual coils as opposed to springs - I also put foam pads on the new mattress and a tempur pedic topper - This has been a process of adding foam and taking foam off until getting it just right - I recently asked my doctor if it would cause problems and he did not feel that it would - I may also mention that I use pillows under my legs to take the pressure off my lower back (Not sure all of this is relavent) - hope it helps
        Last edited by Ken; 10-10-2005, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I too have a pillow-top mattress nowadays, and it's divine in comparison to the beds and mattresses I used to sleep on. I'd thoroughly recommend a mattress with one - I tried a lot out when I bought my current one, and the pillow-tops even felt better than some of the orthopaedic models available.
          Hope that helps!
          Martin Hughes

Comment

Thank you All!

Hello Javaboy and Ken,
            I just want to thank you both for adding your imput. With the response here and through my emailing various organizations and doctors, I have found that the mattress topper I have on my bed will work for my son and not harm him; so I have one on order now.

Thank you again to everyone for their imput!

God Bless and keep each of you.
            lisa

Comment

Working...
            X