Scoliosis Support Groups in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Support Groups in Canada?

*I already posted this on www.spinekids.com, but I think that there are the same number of (if not more!) Canadians on this site as well*

I am just wondering if anybody knows of any Scoliosis support groups in Canada?

While looking up some information on SpineKIDS, I realized how few Canadians there are on this site. Anyone who is from Canada, or knows anything about support groups here....could you please let me know where they are? etc etc?

Calgarygal
    Nicky’s Mom
    Erica
    LLweyn
    Schamotta
    Wpg. Deb
    Momoflacrosse
    Angelic00
    Megster85
    Animal_Lover12
    Lisanicole
    Mo16 – Mo
    Carebear23
    Sweetness514
    KDolL
    Justin
    Stees

^ For everyone above, I would love your input. Would you be interested in joining a Scoliosis support group, if one became available in your area?

For all of you who live in Eastern Canada....are you part of a support group?

I would love to get one going here in Alberta, but I'm not sure where to start. We do have a lot of resources here in Alberta, as we have the 'National Spine Care Clinic', as well as many proficient Scoliosis surgeons at Foothills Hospital, and the Alberta Children's Hospital.

Any advice for me? Has anyone started one?

Thanks!
    Jill

Diagnosed in 1998
    55 Degree S Curve
    Idiopathic Scoliosis surgery in 2000 in Vancouver, BC
    Performed by Dr. Stephen Tredwell

I would most definately be interested in joining a support group. I consider the NSF forum my support group because this is the first time I really get to talk about scoliosis with people who know what I'm talking about!
    Age 28
    diagnosed at age 12
    wore a boston brace until age 14
    No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
    T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
    L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
    2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
    2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

I have two Canadian groups listed on my site:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/SupportGroups.htm

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Curvy Girls Scoliosis Support group of Ottawa open to the public since September

Originally posted by JillfromCanada View Post
        *I already posted this on www.spinekids.com, but I think that there are the same number of (if not more!) Canadians on this site as well*

I am just wondering if anybody knows of any Scoliosis support groups in Canada?

While looking up some information on SpineKIDS, I realized how few Canadians there are on this site. Anyone who is from Canada, or knows anything about support groups here....could you please let me know where they are? etc etc?

Calgarygal
        Nicky’s Mom
        Erica
        LLweyn
        Schamotta
        Wpg. Deb
        Momoflacrosse
        Angelic00
        Megster85
        Animal_Lover12
        Lisanicole
        Mo16 – Mo
        Carebear23
        Sweetness514
        KDolL
        Justin
        Stees

^ For everyone above, I would love your input. Would you be interested in joining a Scoliosis support group, if one became available in your area?

For all of you who live in Eastern Canada....are you part of a support group?

I would love to get one going here in Alberta, but I'm not sure where to start. We do have a lot of resources here in Alberta, as we have the 'National Spine Care Clinic', as well as many proficient Scoliosis surgeons at Foothills Hospital, and the Alberta Children's Hospital.

Any advice for me? Has anyone started one?

Thanks!
        Ottawa has one and Vancouver just started one. e-mail curvygirlsottawa@gmail.com for more information

Comment

Working...
        X