I think I have Sceleosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have Sceleosis

Hi..I found this board searching for some answers from the internet..About a year ago I noticed a knot where my right collar bone is...it was painful at times but nothing to really alarm me...2 weeks ago i noticed the rest of my collar bone on that side had grown evenly with what I had tought was the knot...Evidently it wasnt a knot...My right collar bone is now putruding...When I became a teen ager and my breast began to develope it became noticable that one breast was larger then the other...My mother always told me it was normal that alot of women had this problem...I grew up thinking I had a condition known as Pigeon Breast ( thats what my mother told me it was) I wish I had looked Pigeon Breast up on the internet sooner because thats not what I have at all...When a women has Pigeon Breast her rib cage sticks out father then the breast...my uneven breast ..collar bone..ribs and a bulding of a muscle in my thigh all lead me to Scoliosis..I have not seen a doctor yet to be diagnosed it is a holiday so I must wait til Monday and make an appointment...I also have other problems such as depression..irritable bowel and kidney problems..from what I have read all of which is linked to Scoliosis....Its nice to have a place to go and discuss things like this...At the moment my family is under alot of stress with my sister being sick and dont want to burden them with my new found worries..I know self diagnos is not a answer but could you guys plz tell me what you think...ty all and god bless you
    Last edited by IbGrace; 03-27-2005, 12:06 PM.

admin pls delete

please delete this post..it gets no response

Comment

Have you seen a doctor yet?

What you describe.. doesn't sound like Scoli to me....

Comment

What you are describing does not sound like scoliosis at all. It may be a totally unrelated health issue.

Comment

i agree with scoliocolorado. it doesnt sound like scoliosis to me. it sounds like something else. but i would have an appt. with a doctor just to find out if it is, or if not, then what it is
          35T 54L rotation
          3rd TLSO brace
          shoe lift
          trunk shift,pelvic shift
          waiting for surgery!

Comment

Originally posted by IbGrace
            I also have other problems such as depression..irritable bowel and kidney problems..from what I have read all of which is linked to Scoliosis...
            Where did you read this? I would honestly like to see this article. Depression can be linked to scoliosis in a way that those who are affected by scoliosis, especially when it is of a high degree, get depressed because they do not like the way they look, or are in such pain.

IBS has nothing at all to do with scoliosis. Loss of bowel movement and bladder control is linked to scoliosis and also spinal tumors. IBS is completely different.

Kidney problems, the only way I could see it linked is the compression of the kidneys by kyphosis which is when your back curves forward.

Originally posted by IbGrace
            .At the moment my family is under alot of stress with my sister being sick and dont want to burden them with my new found worries..I know self diagnos is not a answer but could you guys plz tell me what you think...ty all and god bless you
            Please please please please PLEASE do not self diagnose yourself. You are merely worrying yourself for nothing. You sound young, therefore you have no medical training or expertise. Please, go get checked out before worrying. This sounds nothing at all like scoliosis.
            My name is Justine
            I am 17 years old
            I live in Canada
            March 2007 - 13 degree curvature
            June 2007 - 28.5 degree curvature
            January 2008 - 27 degree curvature
            CHEO June 26th

Comment

I agree with everyone else, doesn't sound like scoliosis. You should make a doctor's appointment and see if it really is scoliosis.
              My Scoliosis
              My curves are 15 and 21.
              I wear a Boston Brace
              Don't think I am getting surgery
              http://scoliosisadmin.proboards79.com/index.cgi

Comment

I also think it sounds nothing like scoliosis.. and u should stop worrying urself.. just make an appointment with an ortho and then ull be sure what it really is..
                My name is Rotem
                I am 13 and in 7th grade
                Started with 2 curves:
                34º Therotical
                50º Lumber
                I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
                Got my 1st on Nov. '06
                Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
                Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
                and im still trying to get used to it
                Hoping I won't need surgery
                I live in South Florida
                3rd check on November 17,2007,
                Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
                30º Theoratical
                37º Lumber
                4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Working...
                X