Trouble posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble posting

Is there a time limit before you can post? I?ve tried several times and when I try to post something, I am having to log in again.

Trouble posting

I?m going to try one more time.

I had fusion surgery T2 to S1 ten years ago. I am 65 years old. Surgery has not caused any problems for which I am most grateful. I recently had Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion on two vertebrae in my neck. Recovering and no problems at this time. My problem is in my hips. Was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis and treated with cortisone shots in both hips. The stiffness is returning while I am trying to walk 30 minutes every day during the recovery process from the ACDF. In May I could not walk 2 city blocks without experiencing pain in the crease between my leg and hip.

Is anyone having a similar problem and can anyone offer words of wisdom or knowledge on this issue? Neurosurgeon for both fusion surgeries says nothing wrong with my back and orthopedic surgeon says if the cortisone doesn?t take care of it, it?s your back. So until I go back to neurosurgeon in September, I wonder about mechanical load on sacral area or bursitis.

Comment

Originally posted by elise View Post
      I?m going to try one more time.

I had fusion surgery T2 to S1 ten years ago. I am 65 years old. Surgery has not caused any problems for which I am most grateful. I recently had Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion on two vertebrae in my neck. Recovering and no problems at this time. My problem is in my hips. Was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis and treated with cortisone shots in both hips. The stiffness is returning while I am trying to walk 30 minutes every day during the recovery process from the ACDF. In May I could not walk 2 city blocks without experiencing pain in the crease between my leg and hip.

Is anyone having a similar problem and can anyone offer words of wisdom or knowledge on this issue? Neurosurgeon for both fusion surgeries says nothing wrong with my back and orthopedic surgeon says if the cortisone doesn?t take care of it, it?s your back. So until I go back to neurosurgeon in September, I wonder about mechanical load on sacral area or bursitis.
      If the cortisone injections worked, even for a short amount of time, the problem shouldn't be in your back. I've had a bunch of trochanteric injections. Some have worked for only a short time. Some have worked for longer. Some haven't worked at all. If I were in your shoes, I'd try PT for awhile.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you Linda! That really helps.

Comment

Working...
        X