Dr. Lenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Lenke

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Lenke in NYC? If so, would you mind sharing it with me, I am going to go to him for a consultation for surgery.

thank you!

Originally posted by Scoliosis182 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Dr. Lenke in NYC? If so, would you mind sharing it with me, I am going to go to him for a consultation for surgery.

thank you!
    Hopefully, you'll get a few responses. In the meantime, try a search. There's a search box in the upper right hand corner of the forum screens. Type in LENKE, and click on the magnifying glass.

https://www.scoliosis.org/forum/sear...archid=2376365
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Dr. Lenke

Dr. Lenke is outstanding! I will be celebrating my 11th year Anniversary of my surgery with Dr. Lenke when he was in St. Louis. I'm fused t4-sacrum and have never regretted my surgery and extremely thankful that he was my surgeon.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

I am going to go to him for a consultation for surgery.
        There are not too many "recent" Dr Lenke surgeries done here....most were done many years ago.

Good luck with your consult. He usually only takes severe cases, I hope your not too severe. If so, he is the doctor that can handle it, for sure. Search Dr Lenke on You Tube and check out the videos.

Remember to breathe! Try to relax.....He is one who fully understands us. Tell him everything.

Let us know how it goes....

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Why no recent posts on Dr. Lenke?

Thank you all for your responses. Titaniumed, do you know why there aren't many recent posts on dr Lenke?

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. Titaniumed, do you know why there aren't many recent posts on dr Lenke?
            It's because there aren't too many recent posts. The vast majority of posts are now made by about half a dozen people. Dr. Lenke is still probably the best choice.

--Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Try Dr Samuel Cho at Mount Sinai. I'm 6 years out from my surgery sacrum to T-4 and doing great!
              Stacy
              Surgery 2016 T-4 to Sacrum with Dr Samuel Cho Mount Sinai NYC
              48 degree right upper lumber curve
              41 degree thoracolumbar kyphosis

Comment

I’ve tried to get an appointment with him but his gate keepers won’t let me see him. I’m not sure how severe one need be. I can barely walk but I am still not severe enough. I want a consultation to find out if anything can be done to help me. It is frustrating and makes no sense. I have sent my ct and mris but I I get referred to someone I have never heard of.
                1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
                2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
                2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
                Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Working...
                X