Thread: L1 burst fracture. With T5-T11 fusion

L1 burst fracture. With T5-T11 fusion

Hey all,

I have a T5-T11 fusion and had a burst fracture a while back. I'm doing pretty well, recovering, but I have pain

Can anyone recommend a doctor that can give me a proper evaluation?I have seen a few already and they are trying to correct issues that I don't have problems with. Such as mild kyphophsis between t1-t5. Most doctors I have seen said that isn't the issue.

I think I am a special case because I still have mild lumbar scoliosis and the fracture could make it worse and now cause hyper lordosis.

I am in NYC and looking for a reputable conservative doctor who will consider the age of the patient first prior to fusing everything.

Thank you

Hi Newjack...

Sorry to hear about your injury. Here's some information that might be helpful, and that might lead you to someone whom you can trust for treatment:

https://www.neurosurgery.columbia.ed...burst-fracture

Good luck!

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation