Flat Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
    Yes the osteotomy is a big surgery. By the right surgeon it can go very well. I had a two vertebrae osteotomy of C7, T1 last October.. It is still sore but worked to lift my head. Good luck on making your choice.
    Good for you Jackie!

Man---your signature is something else! Looks like you've had your share of--EVERYTHING!

I think I will only "consider" the ALIF for now, as I need to have it done locally, and think it's a "safer" option too. Grrr... I forgot the name of the colleague Dr Fry recommended, so I'll have to get his name when I go for the CT results and research his credentials. This is why it makes sense to have someone with you at these appointments. I miss having my husband around in these situations...
    Singing the Blues
    Female 1951
    A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
    Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

Good luck in your scoliosis journey. The road can be challenging for sure.
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
      Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
        Good luck in your scoliosis journey. The road can be challenging for sure.
        Thanks Jackie.

Haven't been contacted for the CT scan yet, and I'm thinking any possible surgery would be Spring-ish, as COVID is straining resources right now anyway. We'll see if I survive another winter!
        Singing the Blues
        Female 1951
        A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
        Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

Working...
        X