No announcement yet.

Not sure what this means

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i tried to attach new xrays but couldn' because they were too large how do you make them smaller
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
    Broken neck 9/28/2018
    Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
    Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
    Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
    Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
    Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
      i tried to attach new xrays but couldn' because they were too large how do you make them smaller
      What format are they in?

If they are bmp picture files they will be large files, but you can edit them and change the format to jpg or something similar that is smaller ("save as").
      Last edited by Tina_R; 01-03-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

You might be due to go in for a checkup Jackie. E-mail and let your surgeon know what is going on....(ring and pinky finger pain)

I would bet they will probably want to do MRI's. Especially in the areas of your osteotomy sites C8/T1. Also X-rays and or CT in this area. Ask about high pixel and zooming in. They did not find my maxilla infection until I told them to zoom way in just on my problem tooth. They will probably want to really focus new diagonistic's on your whole cervical area.

I would ask these questions...

1)Cold therapy
        2)Ultrasound (Low intensity pulsed ultrasound) LIPUS....(possibly a "focused" ultrasound)
        3)Possible steroid injections in the neck and or oral steroids like a Medrol pack. I have no idea so you should ask. Several members here have been given Medrol pack's for stubborn soft tissue situations. In my case, the results did not happen fast so patience is needed. (smug face) It took me a LONG extremely painful 30 days when my neck herniations "reared their ugly neck" Yes, a cervical pun.....

I can't even comment on balance since it's that complicated....

Ed
        Last edited by titaniumed; 01-30-2021, 07:25 PM.
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I have updated my signature but I had to leave some of the procedures out. But most of it is there.
          I don't go back to the surgeon until March 15. He did say to call or send a message if there is any problems
          I am doing PT and OT still. I will message him next week.
          The only thing my pain doctor had was more gabapentin and medication to keep me awake. We will see about that.
          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
          Right scapulectomy 6/15
          Broken neck 9/28/2018
          Osteotomy

Comment

I did message the neurosurgeon and he Sent me for a EMG. Well I am not surprised but it shows enough of an abnormal reading that the neurologist thought I had a nerve entrapment at the elbow. That isn't it, so it is coming from the neck. It alternates between pain and numbness. The ulnar nerve is the problem, so there is a hand problem and of course it is my dominant hand.
            I am not sure if the pain part means the nerve is trying to function.
            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
            Right scapulectomy 6/15
            Broken neck 9/28/2018
            Osteotomy

Comment

I did message the neurosurgeon and he Sent me for a EMG. Well I am not surprised but it shows enough of an abnormal reading that the neurologist thought I had a nerve entrapment at the elbow. That isn't it, so it is coming from the neck. It alternates between pain and numbness. The ulnar nerve is the problem, so there is a hand problem and of course it is my dominant hand.
              I am not sure if the pain part means the nerve is trying to function.
              I had a problem with my ulnar nerve causing numbness in some fingers. My elbow was operated on because of it. I guess yours starts at the neck?

Comment

According to the neurologist , she thought it was in the elbow, but the test proved there isn't any pinched nerve in the elbow. She most definitely checked. She then said it was coming from the neck.
                The test will be repeated in 3 months.
                The neurosurgeon wanted to see where we are now, and we understand that it is only 3 months past the surgery so it is still early.
                It alternates between painful or numb. The muscle on the band by the the small finger is showing signs of atrophy. And of course it is my dominant hand.
                T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                Right scapulectomy 6/15
                Broken neck 9/28/2018
                Osteotomy

Comment

According to the neurologist , she thought it was in the elbow, but the test proved there isn't any pinched nerve in the elbow. She most definitely checked. She then said it was coming from the neck.
                  The test will be repeated in 3 months.
                  The neurosurgeon wanted to see where we are now, and we understand that it is only 3 months past the surgery so it is still early.
                  It alternates between painful or numb. The muscle on the band by the the small finger is showing signs of atrophy. And of course it is my dominant hand.
                  Yup, of course it's the dominant hand. Mine wasn't. I have atrophied muscle, but it's on the hand between the thumb and the forefinger. I keep hoping to see it come back at least a little.

Do you have to wait a certain time after your back surgery before you can have surgery for the ulnar nerve?

Comment

Sorry Tina I didn't see your question. As far as I know, they isn't a ulnar nerve surgery for this hand. Mine isn't trapped at the elbow. It is coming from the cervical. I see the neurosurgeon on the 15th of March and will discuss it further. There hasn't been a change get in function or numbness. It still hurts . So my understanding is the EMG will be repeated in 3 months to see if there is a change
                    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                    Right scapulectomy 6/15
                    Broken neck 9/28/2018
                    Osteotomy

Comment

• I will see the neurosurgeon on Monday for a 4 month post up visit. Time goes so fast. I will discuss the EMG for my hand at that time. It is still acting up. Balance is improving but I can still lose it. I can walk more now but it still requires a lot of attention.
                      Xrays on Monday and hopefully a easy visit.
                      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                      Right scapulectomy 6/15
                      Broken neck 9/28/2018
                      Osteotomy

Comment

• Hi there! Hopefully your recovery will just take more time.

I have a all spine CT myelogram in 2 weeks with dye entry via cervical route. I had 2 "tries" on lumbar entry but too much scar tissue. I asked for "Staff Radiologist" but I think that I got 2 learners. Both attempts were painful and unsuccessful. My R leg is painful and progressively numb, cervical painful, and thoracic painful. I have a Botox thoracic scheduled. I still use forearm crutches and a Ti Lite wheelchair.

I wish you well.

Susan
                        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• While I am sorry to hear that you are having more problems,I am happy to hear about you. Susan you are a trooper.
                          When I had my last myelogram the Doctor went through my pain pump. That brought other problems but I was glad it could be done
                          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                          Right scapulectomy 6/15
                          Broken neck 9/28/2018
                          Osteotomy

Comment

• Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
                            While I am sorry to hear that you are having more problems,I am happy to hear about you. Susan you are a trooper.
                            I feel the same way....

It's been awhile Susan, how did that shoulder recovery go?

Ed

My x-rays

Comment

• Susan do keep in touch. How did the shoulder heal?
                              I saw my surgeon today. It went well. The hand is still an issue. EMG shows a problem. We are going to repeat the EMG in 2 months. Also try more therapy. Just keep on working.
                              T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                              C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                              T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                              C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                              Right scapulectomy 6/15
                              Broken neck 9/28/2018
                              Osteotomy

Comment

• Jackie, Just wondering if a rhizotomy would work for that hand and finger pain? Its outpatient, they cook the nerve with a needle to stop the pain signal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizotomy

They did the first procedure back in 1888. Wow!

I wonder if Ben Franklin flew the kite? (smiley face)

Ed

My x-rays

Comment

Working...
                                X