Thread: Imbalance

Quote Originally Posted by RitaR View Post
    I also am faced with severe Sagittarius imbalance. Iíve also got at least couple herniated discs, severe nerve problems. Pain,is beyond belief! Laying down a lot. Wonder, has anyone had this kind of revision surgery? Weíre talking about removing all my hardware and starting anew. I have got to do something or Iím gonna be in bed permanently!
    Hi Rita...

You posted this message to someone else's thread, so I moved your post to a new thread.

Assuming you mean sagittal imbalance. :-)

It's a relatively common condition amongst the group. If you're interested, do a search on flatback (which is one type of sagittal imbalance). I had surgery for it in 2011. I ended up with some medical complications, but it solved my back and leg pain.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Thank you Linda. Yes, Sagittal imbalance. Silly word correct. Iím seeing a Dr at Johnís Hopkins in Baltimore. He said my back is so bad only thing he would even recommend is total hardware removal and imbalance fixing. Iím having soooo horrible pain and nerve problems, pain in legs. Have fallen numerous times due to imbalance. Cant sleep at night. Laying down 5-6 times a day just to make it thru the day.
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Iím seeing a Dr at Johnís Hopkins in Baltimore. He said my back is so bad only thing he would even recommend is total hardware removal and imbalance fixing. Iím having soooo horrible pain and nerve problems, pain in legs. Have fallen numerous times due to imbalance. Cant sleep at night. Laying down 5-6 times a day just to make it thru the day.
    Wow Rita, you have really been struggling....

Have they found any broken hardware? Are you leaning forward?

Are you flying out to Johns Hopkins for diagnostics and tests?

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Thank you Linda. Yes, Sagittal imbalance. Silly word correct. Iím seeing a Dr at Johnís Hopkins in Baltimore. He said my back is so bad only thing he would even recommend is total hardware removal and imbalance fixing. Iím having soooo horrible pain and nerve problems, pain in legs. Have fallen numerous times due to imbalance. Cant sleep at night. Laying down 5-6 times a day just to make it thru the day.
    Hi Rita...

Implant removal and osteotomies to restore balance is essentially the only appropriate treatment. Dr. Bridwell wrote an article a long time ago, that describes the condition and treatment. You might find it helpful. https://www.spineuniverse.com/condit...ttal-imbalance

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation