Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Dr Asghar in Fort Lauderdale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Dr Asghar in Fort Lauderdale?

If so I would love to hear your experience.

Originally posted by dixiesmommie View Post
    If so I would love to hear your experience.
    Looks like he's a pediatric surgeon.

"Dr. Asghar spent eight years at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (formerly, Miami Children’s Hospital). Dr. Asghar completed a fellowship in Pediatric Spine Surgery at Shriner’s Hospital for Children (Philadelphia). Dr. Asghar publishes extensively and presents around the world on the subject of scoliosis and treatment of complex pediatric spinal deformities, with over 40 peer-reviewed articles in circulation to date. Dr. Asghar is a member of the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), the North American Spine Society (NASS), and the International Society for Advancement Spine Surgery (ISASS). He is a designated Founding Member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery."
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      Looks like he's a pediatric surgeon.

"Dr. Asghar spent eight years at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (formerly, Miami Children’s Hospital). Dr. Asghar completed a fellowship in Pediatric Spine Surgery at Shriner’s Hospital for Children (Philadelphia). Dr. Asghar publishes extensively and presents around the world on the subject of scoliosis and treatment of complex pediatric spinal deformities, with over 40 peer-reviewed articles in circulation to date. Dr. Asghar is a member of the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), the North American Spine Society (NASS), and the International Society for Advancement Spine Surgery (ISASS). He is a designated Founding Member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery."
      Thank you Linda. I’m fused from T3;-S1. No illiacs and no hardware from T3 to L2. I had an MRI done for pain that is shooting from my neck into my skull. The cervical MRI shows bulging disc at every level. I was referred to Dr. Asghar from my primary dr. Very scared I may be facing another surgery and I think it makes sense to put my rods back in my thoracic. Just not sure that can even be done. I’ve had a thoracoplasty which left me even a bit more deformed. Very nervous and upset. My appointment is Monday.

Comment

I hope that your appointment went well. Have you thought about a second opinion? That might give you some confidence.
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
        X